Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Christmas – who's chewed their own tounge off
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

My brother cooking dinner….

Who else?

piemonster

Nope not me, at least not yet.

Houns

Only from biting it so many times to prevent arguments

bol

My father in law just described himself as an ikon, without a hint of irony.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Would that make you a Minion? (Maxxis joke).

everyone
    Free Member

Houns +1

onehundredthidiot

They’re discussing, strictly come floundering about, I’ve walked the dog……twice.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That here, after carol singing yesterday I think I’m at my monthly limit of units…
    That and the soggy sprouts. A little more pressure as I flew half way round the world to surprise my mother, can’t flounce off.

mogrim

Houns +2, and everyone +1.

ocrider

I really don’t know how my wife puts up with her parents-in-law, they’re an insufferable pair.

garage-dweller

Am I the only person on here to have had a stress free day? Roast lamb, mother in law here, Hornby, Lego, dragon mosaics, Skype with relatives in various places and river cottage chocolate cake. Only one stupid comment has even made me grit my teeth just a tiny bit and that wasn’t anyone in the house.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve had a stess free day.. But was supposed to be getting pissed and putting the world to rights with me brother while his lot went out.. Problem is he’s just fallen asleep as is snoring so bleedin loud!! Anything on tv apart from the love of dogs?? 🙁

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Had a great day, no extended family, lovely easy lunch cooked in about an hour, Eton mess for pud, cheese and biscuits, what’s not to like?
    Oh and listened to the first episode of Good omens, on the iPlayer.

chakaping
    Free Member

Chas and Dave are killing it on C5.

Best TV so far this Xmas.

slowoldman

Chas ‘n’ Dave on a Christmas Day. Is this what we’ve become?

badnewz
    Free Member

All i can say is, thank god that’s over! Im done with xmas now

DezB
    Free Member

Chas ‘n’ Dave on a Christmas Day. Is this what we’ve become?

No! Tootsie and Iistening to my brother snoring.. Just about preferable

rOcKeTdOg

My Xmas day so far
    bike ride to folks for 40 min visit
    Ride to pub
    dinner at home with just the OH
    beer

Win so far

Tomorrow though is spent with in laws at sil’s so won’t be quite so smug

JulianA
    Free Member

Fantastic day! Just us (me and MrsJulianA and the cats).

No stress, got up late, had brunch (yes, that late!), went for a walk, Queen’s Speech and port, presents, port, sherry wine, dinner (with wine), now just finishing the wine – might have cheese and biscuits with some more port in a bit.

Why get stressed?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can anyone explain what Downton abbey is for? I’m trying to be chilled but realise how far removed I am from my family.

samuri
    Free Member

We’ve had a stress free day but we’re going to see my sister and mum tomorrow so my wife is already getting worked up. She’s started have minor go’s at me but that’ll escalate I’m sure.

I absolutely hate christmas.

MrOvershoot

mikewsmith – Member

Can anyone explain what Downton abbey is for? I’m trying to be chilled but realise how far removed I am from my family.

My wife has gone to bed, the rest are in the lounge watching Downton Abbey at earsplitting volume and shouting over the top of it about what is going on the screen in front of them!

This now means I’m left in peace to send messages to people I won’t see over crimbo & post on here. So that’s what Downton is for.

My guess is they will all be snoring away within the next hour as the F-i-L has stoked the woodburner up to lava flow temp.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair point, it’s only on as it features the local Castle, but nobody wants to watch it but we still are…

MrOvershoot

On the plus side my Sister in Law & her family are coming tomorrow & the day after my Step sister & her family are coming to pick up my Step mother.
    All of them are a joy to spend time with & their kids are great fun as they bluntly ask the old’s why they believe the drivel in the Daily Wail, why you have to have a cup and saucer with every hot drink, why you eat dry cremated meat yet reduce your veg to a gloopy mess etc 😀

toby1

Despite not being related to any of the people I had round at Christmas all of them are OK with me.

No tongue biting required.

AD

LOL – I must be in the minority – I like both my in-laws and Downton Abbey… 🙂

myopic
    Free Member

Sunday Times Real Estate Quiz here. Thank god we don’t have any firearms in the house

DezB
    Free Member

Just rode home. Blimey it’s nippy out!

mindmap3
    Free Member

My day has been OK. We’ve been in our own for most of it with jnr for his first Crimbo. It’s been really chilled and we’ve just done what we wanted. The other half cooked a cracking dinner after a lovely walk in the winter sun (I normally do it but she wanted to today).

The in laws came over tonight for a few drinks plus cheese and crackers and were all in good form. Even the sister in law and her husband / car crash if a marriage were on good form.

Just enjoyng some quiet time (well quietist whilst my other half expresses)….

ononeorange

Brilliant this year. Just me, mrs o and my dad – it’s been great. He’s always great value and we got in a lovely walk together – first time for years.

BoardinBob

Best Xmas ever for me

Me and the missus hired an amazing cottage in inners for the week.

Today we got up, had some champagne, opened presents, walked the dog for a couple of hours then headed up inners on the bikes.

Dinner was awesome and low key and tonight we’ve chilled out with brilliant beers and whisky.

No pressure, no expectations and no bullshit from anyone else

JulianA
    Free Member

AD – Member
    LOL – I must be in the minority – I like both my in-laws and Downton Abbey…

You are not alone – I do to.

samuri
    Free Member

That sounds brilliant, BoardinBob.

winston
    Free Member

great xmas day

Massive breakfast, long walk on the downs with family, cooked dinner with my mum whilst dad built a lego palace with a daughter whilst the other one took pictures of it all with her new camera. No Downton cos we don’t have a TV. Wife got me a set of whisky glasses and some single malt, Uncle got me a nano quad copter and I got myself a set of carbon bars and a torque wrench from superstar.

getting up early for a ride tomorrow

happy Christmas!

ElShalimo

BoardinBob wins !

RustyNissanPrairie

Thank **** that’s over with for another year. Bring on normality

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Christmas – who's chewed their own tounge off’ is closed to new replies.