Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Christmas Trees
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

How many do you put up when the time comes?

Mrs Trailwagger is mental. She is already thinking about putting the tree(s) up and its only mid November!. We currently have 7, yes 7 in our house. No doubt the nutter will want even more this year!

FFS

bearnecessities

She sounds fir crazy.

wwaswas

7 trees?

Must really needle you.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yep, 7

All perfectly normal.

ransos
    Free Member

Does she pine for more?

wwaswas

It’s always nice to spruce the house up for Christmas.

the-muffin-man

Barking mad.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yule be sorry if you let her have 8. Bark my words.
    what funny chemistree you have in your relationship

Yak

There is norway I would spruce up the house with 7. That’s noble fir fir’trees sake either.

wwaswas

Would it be appropriate to make a serious post on this thread or should I stick to tree, lights and bauble puns?

Houns

Somethings not right with her, you need to get to the root of it

Houns

(Mind, I did put up a a tree on Tuesday)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hark at Mr. ‘my house is big enough for it’s own Christmas Copse’ here!

1 tree, singular, installed Mid-Dec, gone as soon as the kids go to bed on Boxing Day.

I have to spend two weeks then trying to explain that a decade or more of riding through FC/NRW land covered in pine trees has left me completely immune to the ‘Christmas Tree smell’ however many times she says “you MUST be able to smell it now” whilst snapping off twigs and sticking them under my nose.

Yak

Yeah, same here. 1 in as late as possible, usually the 23rd (Dec, not Nov), and then out as soon as possible – 27th or thereabouts. My house is small so any sized tree is in the way so I buy the smallest available then cut the back of it to perfectly fit a 90deg corner, shoving it in as far as possible.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I love Christmas Trees me.

Yak

hmmmm

Coyote
    Free Member

Saw my first one last night not in a commercial setting. Now, I love Christmas me but mid November is a little early.

onewheelgood

“When the time comes” – can I just point out that there are 12 days of Christmas, starting on Christmas Eve. If you’re having a tree at all, it shouldn’t go up until the 24th December, and should be taken down on the 6th January.
    regards,
    The Christmas Police.

P-Jay
    Free Member

“When the time comes” – can I just point out that there are 12 days of Christmas, starting on Christmas Eve. If you’re having a tree at all, it shouldn’t go up until the 24th December, and should be taken down on the 6th January.
    regards,
    The Christmas Police.

I’d happily put mine up on Xmas eve, I’ve floated the idea at home before of us all doing it together on Xmas eve as a family.

There’s not a chance in hell I’d tolerate till the 6th of Jan, I don’t like the build up to Xmas, it’s just repulsive to me to seen supposedly grown adults talking about ‘sleeps’ and getting all giddy about it, but that’s nothing compared to how I feel about people bleating on about it after Boxing Day, get over it, it’s done, move on, it was an anti-climax as every Christmas that came before it was.

hodgynd
    Free Member

You must be Sitka as a parrot with all those ..
    One real tree ( which appears by magic each year ..we live next to a forest )..and one small fibre optic one .
    These go up in the week leading up to Christmas and down on the 2nd January

IHN

I love Christmas Trees me.

And vertical blinds, so no-one’s going to take interior decoration tips from you.

wwaswas

He’s got a lovely pelmet though.

Northwind

You’ll just have to bough to pressure. I’d put one up early in my house but there’s nordman’d for it.

doris5000

this is usually my argument too, although Mrs Doris is never very impressed by it. It’s what my folks did (and still do).

Then again, we never did stockings, presents weren’t to be opened until after we got back from Mass and no-one got drunk. the older I get the more ascetic this all seems 😕

But I also think having the tree up after new year helps keep the place looking a bit cheerful in an otherwise dour month.

trailwagger
    Free Member

You’ll just have to bough to pressure. I’d put one up early in my house but there’s nordman’d for it.

😆

trailwagger
    Free Member

Give the missus some credit though, as soon as the kids disappear to their various other parents all 7 trees come down. This is usually boxing day or sometimes the day after.

Our ‘one’ tree goes up first weekend in December – it’s down the day after Boxing day though

fasthaggis

Perchy
    You Noel that there will needle to be a full risk assessment fir that decoration. 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Trees’ is closed to new replies.