• This topic has 61 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Christmas lurgy.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

That may have worked a bit better than a walk to be fair.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I seem to have shifted mine, just in time for going back into work tomorrow 🙄

Houns

Yep, you can set your calendar by my “let’s bugger everything up for Christmas and NYE” cold. Every blimmin year I get one

A week in, still expelling neon yellow phlegm from most orrifices. Sinuses hurting, chest buggered and lost my voice (thanks to my deaf Nan)

Couldn’t taste any food/drink and missed out on a Christmas ride around the Wyre with Teetosugars, chris etc etc 🙁

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve been out of action for over a week now. It started with the sore throat from hell and then seemed to mutate every day into something different, but equally unpleasant. I’m still absolutely knackered and seem to be sleeping for hours. My intention of doing the Festive 500 hasn’t even begun and, regrettably, never will at this rate.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ll be glad to see the end of 2014,got a headcold mid October just about got over that & along with quite a few others at work I picked up a virus.Talk about boneaching,my teeth ached when I flossed them 8O.Finally got over that last week and now at work they’ve all got some chesty cough & headcold lurgy.I caught it on Friday not been out of the house all weekend & back in work tomorrow.
    One thing’s for sure my immune system’s had a proper workout over the last few weeks…

joat

Riding every day between Christmas and new year inclusive went out the window yesterday when I came down with the mother of all headaches (not alcohol induced). Luckily there seems to be no snot, so hopefully out tomorrow.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Started on Xmas eve with a bad cold, managed Xmas dinner then went right downhill. My nose has now stopped dripping like a tap but my sinuses are that bad my teeth are hurting. Joy. Crappy Christmas everyone!

sutty
    Free Member

Me too, had the non shifting blighter since the 21st & it’s firmly settled on my chest but as langylad stated, corpious amounts of single malt seems to be easing the symptoms 😉

bellys
    Free Member

Me and the wife have both got it..wife has been bad for over a week, mine started yesterday but I’m stil riding in the morning.

mikey74
    Free Member

I had it over Christmas as well, although not that badly. However, I have developed a cough that seems to be lingering. I assume it isn’t a good idea to get back into training with a cough?

stumpy01

Hmmm. I’d had a sore throat/cough for the last few weeks that yesterday turned into some kind of weird manflu episode.

By about 9pm last night I was freezing cold and shivering uncontrollably, then boiling hot lying in bed, but every time I moved I was freezing cold again.
    Feel a bit better today, but a long way from right…

dpfr

I had a couple of days of feeling awful before Christmas and have been left with a bit of a cough but today I decided I had to get out and did a short road ride in frost, fog and winter sunshine. I’m coughing a bit but seem to have survived.

kelvin

Bored of it now.

donks
    Free Member

5 full days now with no sign of let up!! Looks like our New Years bash is off

bellys
    Free Member

Ok I told a lie..I’m not riding my bike today I feel like curling up in a dark room. Don’t think iv ever been this bad, heads banging sore throat and coffing up some horrible crap. Peace people I’m going back to bed.

MrNice
    Free Member

alright then, which of you bastards gave it to me? (coughs, splutters, blows nose again)

ononeorange

Mine kicked in on Christmas Eve and still seems just as much as home a week later – I can usually be rid of the blighters in a day or two. As above, so much green mankiness – where does it come from?

Enjoying being on packed, stationary overcrowded trains every day even less than usual, for some reason. However, a rare day off tomorrow and come what may I am out on my bike.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

*shows thread to wife* See? It’s not just me! *feels justified*

kelvin

Has everyone else got rid? Mine is hanging onto me…

mikey74
    Free Member

Mine went and then came back.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Still full of snot, and feeling shite.

2 weeks now, I hate Christmas.

Houns

Gone bar coughing up left over shite/sleeping for 10 hours

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Christmas lurgy.’ is closed to new replies.