Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Christmas Do this Friday, mail from the organiser – "There's no dress code…"
  • slackboy

Uninvited party guest look?

CountZero

IHN – Member
    smart jeans
    Is your first mistake, them’s a no-no.

But there’s no dress code, is there.
    I wear jeans, either unwashed, as in not pre-washed, indigo selvedge Japanese jeans, plain black jeans with no decorations, or a pair of plain black trousers, which are actually skateboarding trousers, but you’d never know it.
    On top a nice shirt with a black wool jacket from M&S, or if it’s very casual, a plain tee shirt with a flannel shirt worn over the top undone.
    I’ve yet to have a single person even raise an eyebrow, let alone make any criticism.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Don’t go, it’s been my plan for the last twenty eight years and has worked out fine for me

frankconway

Too soon for a Christmas lash-up but……in/near the Cotswolds so there’s a possibility (minuscule, I guess) that Liz Hurley might be in the bar and you can attempt to enjoy the original good time, had by all………….

trickydisco
    Free Member

Can we have an update on what you chose to wear?

🙂

andykirk
    Free Member

John Drummer said it in one.

You wouldn’t catch me out pretending to enjoy myself with people I am forced to sit next to and forced to be pally with at work. Life is too short. The mere whiff of a ‘dress code’ would have me running for the hills.

Northwind

Just wear your pikachu onesie. Saves time getting undressed when you get home.

vickypea
    Free Member

I always thought men had it easy when it comes to suitable attire for a night out. Much harder for us women. I’ve got no idea what to wear for mine! Can’t wear flat shoes with a dress but high heels are massively uncomfortable.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You wouldn’t catch me out pretending to enjoy myself with people I am forced to sit next to and forced to be pally with at work. Life is too short. The mere whiff of a ‘dress code’ would have me running for the hills.

If that’s how you find your colleagues they are probably glad your not there!!
    Perhaps I#ve been lucky in working with people I don’t have to pretend to like at times.

On the dress code threads in general I’m really not sure how some people managed to leave the house before the internet was around!!

IHN

Can we have an update on what you chose to wear?

In the end I thought “you know what, I’m 42 year old professional, with a wife and a mortgage, I’ll wear what I chuffing want”. So I bought a new shirt, and wore it with a smart pair of jeans and boots.

binners

growinglad
    Free Member

smart pair of jeans

With creases?

Just asking considering your age? 😉

maccruiskeen

So I bought a new shirt, and wore it with a smart pair of jeans and boots.

And a stetson.

slowoldman

I wouldn`t go !

I agree, the place will be full of scruffs.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Do this Friday, mail from the organiser – "There's no dress code…"’ is closed to new replies.