Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Christmas List? thread
  • jekkyl

I’ve got half a mind to tell everyone just to keep their money and spend it on themselves but I’m being hounded for a ‘list’ so I needs ideas and inspiration.
    What sub £100 luxury item would enhance my life?
    Or ask for consumables.. Brake pads, Cassette, rotors, pedals?
    what’s on your list?

chip
    Free Member

I told everyone not to buy me anything as there is nothing I want or need. So no help from me.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’m telling everyone I’m buying a load of bike gear I want/need when I see good prices. If they really want to give me something, send money/Paypal Gift to Mrs Goat, she will then pass on money to me with a list of who contributed.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I just want to not have assignments and exams hanging over me. The idea that any time I have ‘free’ time I should really be working on uni stuff is tiring.

So I’m really looking forward to the Christmas holiday (my uni have lovingly set exams right after the Easter break so I have to study in my holidays)

So…. maybe ask for a night in a hotel or something?

bearnecessities

Could be misconstrued, but worth a shot I guess.

jekkyl
    taxi25
    Free Member

Or ask for consumables.. Brake pads, Cassette, rotors, pedals?
    what’s on your list?

This, I just buy the stuff myself, give it to the present giver to wrap up for me. Sometimes they even give me the money I’ve spent on said items…..but not always 🙁

Apart from that alcohol and cigars always work for me 😀

gordimhor

I don’t want or need anything either. I have been saying that for about 10 years now. I would like to spend time with those nearest and dearest to me and for them to enjoy that time. My girlfriend has convinced me that one of the great joys of Christmas is giving a gift and watching the recipients (delighted) reaction when they open it.The gift doesn’t matter it’s the giving and receiving that is a small demonstration of love. I have to concede she is right.
    Sorry no help with the Christmas list.

wallop

Eyelash curlers for me, please!

wilburt
    Free Member

Luckily I like wool socks and whisky.

If someone was determimed to spend big money I would pint them at these prints.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2017/jun/19/don-mcphee

jekkyl

I’ve just asked the wife if I could have a present that doesn’t cost any money, a present of time rather than of £. My 1st suggestion was 5 full Saturdays or Sunday to go cycling, (dawn until 5) to be taken at no greater interval than 1 a month. My 2nd suggestion was the same but every 2 months. My third suggestion was 3 at 1 every 2 months. Every request was declined 😮 😆

wallop

Well now we can see who wears the trousers in YOUR house 😆

Yak

Stans and liquorice allsorts if anyone is asking. Failing that – those standard black socks from m&s. #rock&roll

milky1980
    Free Member

I give my mum a list and she sorts it out between the family depending on what they want to spend. So far my present pile includes:

Spare Hope floating rotor.
    Six sets of brake pads.
    Spare DHRII rear tyre.
    Bottle of Conti Revosealant.
    2 pairs of Sealskinz socks.

Still to be bought:

SLX chainset.
    ODI Rogue grips.
    BPW gift voucher.

I only know what has been bought as my mum orders it then checks with me it’s the right thing! What I don’t know until the day is who bought what. I’ve got a second list for my birthday on the 29th so as to avoid duplicates.

dhrider
    Free Member

1st thing on my list is cash

then I have things like cassette, chain, rotor, bmx tyres then I’ve put two bikes on there just incase anyones feeling really generous! 😀

Hoping for cash tho so I can add it to the “new bike fund”.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A power kite.

Leku
    Free Member

I’ve just asked the wife if I could have a present that doesn’t cost any money, a present of time rather than of £. My 1st suggestion was 5 full Saturdays or Sunday to go cycling, (dawn until 5) to be taken at no greater interval than 1 a month. My 2nd suggestion was the same but every 2 months. My third suggestion was 3 at 1 every 2 months. Every request was declined

You should have started with asking for sex vouchers.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

At my age all I want is another Xmas after this one!

totalshell

not had any luxuries this year and i ve sold 3 motorbikes and a car to pay for extension so as a treat i d like..

eduard 1/48 neiuport 17

fly or any manufacturer slot car from the 66 le mans ( that i havent got)

Jack Daniels with a nice glass to drink it from and a new ice tray..

job done for less than a ton

for my birthday which is immediately post christmas can i have some time to build my austin 7 so i can can drive it at easter?

totalshell

not had any luxuries this year and i ve sold 3 motorbikes and a car to pay for extension so as a treat i d like..

eduard 1/48 neiuport 17

fly or any manufacturer slot car from the 66 le mans ( that i havent got)

Jack Daniels with a nice glass to drink it from and a new ice tray..

job done for less than a ton

for my birthday which is immediately post christmas can i have some time to build my austin 7 so i can can drive it at easter?

angeldust
    Free Member

One of those poppies from the Tower of London?

jekkyl

I’ve done … bluetooth headphones, 2 new shimano rotors, brake pads, bottle of stans, whisky, new saddle, coffee subscription, leffe. Debenhams vouchers.

john_drummer
    Free Member

You mean you actually make a list of the things you want for Xmas?
    How organised 😯 especially as it’s still NOVEMBER 👿

timmys

Not sure if I should worry about my son. Rockets…Rope…Gun, errrr

Saccades
    Free Member

A tablet of some kind as my phone is too small for pottering on.
    An Australian bush hat thing.
    My dad’s old skx031 (and he’s giving me a snhz55 too).
    A selection box
    Terrys chocolate orange.

fossy

My 13 year old daughter did powerpoint with links to all the stuff she wants – made our job easier.

I’ve not asked for stuff, but joked with my daughter I wanted a Hope HB160. She noted it down and I believe she’s got me a Hope bottle opener!

My missus has been practical and bought me a load of heavy duty shelving for the man cave.

MSP

Same as every year, coke and hookers. I am hopeful, but wouldn’t be surprised to be disappointed again, I am starting to doubt the existence of father christmas.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What’s on my list?
    A few things..

tomhoward

I’ve just asked the wife if I could have a present that doesn’t cost any money

Aye, I bet, mucky bugger. 😉

13thfloormonk

The owner of the wee whisky and wine shop in Bridge of Allan gave me a nip of some of this the other week. Hints were duly dropped to my wife.

Whatever she actually got me came in the mail, so either she’s bought me it mail order from somewhere, which isn’t really supporting the nice wee shop I tried it in, or more likely she hasn’t got me it 🙁

Anyway, to answer the OP, learn to like whisky (if you don’t already) then just ask for a fancy bottle of that every year 8)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Skills Course? Had one from my wife last year, best gift ever.

Something a bit trick from OneUp / Vosprung etc?

rmacattack
    Free Member

peace on earth?

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I tend to get 20 to 30 worth from most relatives so asked for:
    Digital tyre pressure guage
    Silky folding saw
    New walking/smart gloves.
    High quality ball hex keys

philmccrackin
    Free Member

BPW voucher is a grand idea! also doubles as free riding day pass!!!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Christmas List? thread’ is closed to new replies.