• This topic has 21 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Chris King (US) Customer Service – your experience
  • MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

I emailed them nearly 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. I’m on my 3rd email now and get the feeling that I’m wasting my time.

So – if you’ve contacted them, did they respond and were they any good if they did?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i emailed them once with a techish query. they didn’t email me back. 🙁

andywhit
    Free Member

Very good for me. Warrantied my hub even though it was over 5 yrs old.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Hi andywhit,

Did you email or phone them?

Cheers

andywhit
    Free Member

Emailed. I was dealing with one of their tech warranty guys.

UK-FLATLANDER

They have always replied when I have had questions – usually take a day or two.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve had a few dealings with them, and found them pretty good, the first email sometimes takes a while to get a reply, but once that’s been answered further reply’s are pretty quick.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Thanks all,

I’m going to give them a call – can’t wait any longer.

Cheers

Daffy

I e-mailed about the new QR15 axels an got nothing.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Just called them.

Very laid back person – too laid back – didn’t express too much concern as to my problem. Asked me to send my wheel to them…….

Basically I was carrying out a service on my rear hub, I removed all the internals in the drive shell as per instructions, got the tool set up to remove the drive shell bearing, gave it a tap and ….. the inner race, ball bearings and carrier dropped out leaving the outer race stuck in place.

It’s a fairly new hub, but I bought it secondhand and so I think it’s going to be a case of let the buyer beware…

Blurboy
    Free Member

I broke a front hub flange, bought in the states from a CK dealer and legit tax paid import…UK distributor wouldn’t help and CK wouldn’t persuade them. Worldwide warranty – maybe after a fashion!
    CK USA very good though. £9 postage to send the hub back to Jensen who I bought it from. Lots of email correspondence with Jensen and CK with no issues. CK sent new hub back post free.
    Shame CK hubs don’t fit with post mount forks and floating rotors though.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Midlifecyclist

I had this happen once with a front hub bearing. You can fit the bearing back together again!!!

Basically, use the hub tool to remove the outer race (be gentle). Assemble the bearing again on the correct hub tool part, use a little grease to hold the bearings in the plastic bit, then using the other correct part of the tool to compress the bearing and it will snap back into position.

One of those things it is easier to physically show than discribe.

Otherwise replacement bearings can be had from aspirevelotech or bromley bike co.

HTH

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Hi sslowpace,

Many thanks for that.

The only problem that I can see is that the small split ring is required to moving this bearing. When I tried to do it the split ring stretched to its maximum extent and tended to fold in/out on itself (alright if the rest of the bearing is there to rest on). I couldn’t get it to generate enough force.

But I’ll give it another go.

Cheers

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Bingo

Going to rest on my Laurels and have a beer.

Cheers

andywhit
    Free Member

Nice one 🙂

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Blurboy – Member

I broke a front hub flange, bought in the states from a CK dealer and legit tax paid import…UK distributor wouldn’t help and CK wouldn’t persuade them. Worldwide warranty – maybe after a fashion!
    CK USA very good though. £9 postage to send the hub back to Jensen who I bought it from. Lots of email correspondence with Jensen and CK with no issues. CK sent new hub back post free.
    Shame CK hubs don’t fit with post mount forks and floating rotors though.

I put a washer between the axle and the fork leg. Works for me

Cheers

the_lecht_rocks

blurboy – yes they do, with a bit of fiddgery 😀

Blurboy
    Free Member

Midlife, Lecht thanks for the advise – what size did you get away with…I didn’t do this because of concern that I might create a weakness in the fork and they ain’t cheap to replace as we all know! Sorry about the hijack by the way.

the_lecht_rocks

you can of course just let em rub the post mount away a wee bit – it’ll do no harm whatsoever.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Hi Blurboy,

still having a beer – hence the delayed reply!!

I’ve been using a washer to push my revelations out by a couple of mm, thereby allowing the rotor to line up with the caliper. Been doing it for over 6 months with no problems. Not perfect I know, but it works.

Washer size – needs to have a hole with the same diameter as your hub (so QR etc can fit through without being too sloppy) but be small enough (external dia) to fit within the “guide”, if any, of your fork.

My forks don’t have to be “forced” to allow for the washer.

Cheers

Dibbs
    Free Member

the inner race, ball bearings and carrier dropped out leaving the outer race stuck in place.

I started getting the same problem with my 5 year old SS disc hub, I’ve replaced the bearings now, so the problem should go away for a while.

hora
    Free Member

Bought their products from 2003- when should I contact them again?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Chris King (US) Customer Service – your experience’ is closed to new replies.