Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chris King Grip Lock
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Just taken delivery of a couple of these. Just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts?

To me, they look like a very nicely made. There’s a couple of well fitting seals in there as well.

TheMetrologist
    Free Member

Where did you get them from ? I’m waiting for one in silver, emailed King who said look on Aspirevelotech, no news yet.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had two from Aspire. Great customer service from those guys as well.

P20

Take it you mean gripnut? I’ve had one on the P20 for about 11yrs since it was built. Never serviced it. Had some initial problems with it loosening, but this was because the fork was marginally too long. So little that i was able to file the fork to the correct length 😆
    The only other thing is that you can’t use canti hangers with them

PROLINE85
    Free Member

If you mean Grip lock I’d look at Apirevelotech, but be quick. I signed up for an email when they were in stock and they’d sold out by the time I’d gone to the site!

Digger90
    Free Member

Why on Earth would anyone want one – unless your King top section is knackered?

Seems pointless…

beanieripper
    Free Member

Strange, I got one this morning in the post from Aspirevelotech, great service. Digger, isnt it obvious why you would want one?? I love king headsets but have just fitted a 140mm fork and was concerned about the scoring/o ring wear issue on the old style top section. For 20 quid delivered its a no brainer really…. and my thoughts… looks really nicely made, utilises the split ring system well and still has a water seal to stop ingress of water down the steerer into the headset…very happy..

triple_s

Been waiting for mine from Aspire for about 2 weeks now, how long did yours take to turn up?

PeteA
    Free Member

Got two from aspire velotech. Less than 2 week delivery, they upgraded the shipment service for free and ne customs duty – winner 🙂 and already fitted 1 no issues

beanieripper
    Free Member

Ordered mine about 7-8 days ago, they were showing in stock at the time…

foxman
    Free Member

got mine 2 days ago, (from aspire velotech) nice bit of kit , well made and fits well,

willej

Got mine on Tuesday, only took 8 working days to arrive. It does look very nicely made, as you’d expect.
    I bought it because I’ve always thought the old o-ring method was a bit dodgy. The Aheadset method is superior and I’ve never understood why CK didn’t use it instead of the o-ring method.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

The only King headset i have is an inset, and I don’t think the bearing caps are the same 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chris King Grip Lock’ is closed to new replies.