Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chris King Front ISO conversion to 15mm Q
  • Houns

Anyone converted their standard QR hub to 15mm?

How easy was it? Would you just recommend buying a new hub instead?

Got any pix of the conversion?

Cheers

Daffy

Easy peasy – Used the BETD version as the CK original wasn't available.

Been running it for almost a year.

Houns

Ooh i didn't know they did one, will check their site to see if works out cheaper or to get one from Aspire

the_lecht_rocks

my ti456 uses a CK BETD conversion kit on the 2010 FLOAT 32 RLC 15mm BT's 🙂

the BETD adaptors need constant nipping up however – i may get in touch with them to see if there's a fix as the tool is a bit agricultural.
    it does however work.

Houns

Just checked BETD and that is cheaper than i thought it would be! Thanks guys

Hadge
    Free Member

Dam, I didn't even get to have my say!! We've been making that kit for ages now as the genuine CK one has for some reason taken ages to appear. Ours even works with FOX forks and floating rotors as this was an issue with the CK jobbie.
    Lecht – the tool has been changed since the first ones were produced as I believe someone mentioned it to me and it was changed straight away.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

I've had both, I'd say spend the extra and get the king one.

Daffy

Mine hasn't needed adjusting since it was fitted, but I doubt that I ride as hard as TLR.

stoney
    Free Member

Ive just converted my hub from 20mm to 15mm with the CK axel, it really was esay to fit as well, less than 5 mins and i`m not joking either!

rc200f8
    Free Member

I've been using the BETD conversion since november, my only complaint is the single adjusting tool that was supplied with it, I can't see how you're supposed to tighten the axle using only one tool – this single tool is supposed to be used to tighten the axle in the same way you would use two 5mm allen keys on the standard King axle. Also the King cone adjusting tool wont fit over the BETD axle – although I don't often use it to adjust the bearings anyway. I emailed BETD about this and had no reply, I then rang them and they took my number and promised to ring me back about the problem, but never did. I made my own tool in the end, I've not had any problems with the conversion apart from the fact that only one tool is supplied with it. I was rather dissapointed with their customer service though.

Hadge
    Free Member

Sent you an email rc regarding axle tool ok.

the_lecht_rocks

hadge – can i get a tool tyhat works too as i cznt get suffficient tension either ? ! ?

fwiw, the BETD adaptor allows my hopes and floating rotor to work !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chris King Front ISO conversion to 15mm Q’ is closed to new replies.