Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chris King Bottom Bracket Installation
  • andrewmoke
    Free Member

Is it possible to do it with a shimano bottom bracket tool? is the grease injector really necessary or if i just put loads to start with that will do the job?

I have installed a few Shimano but this is the first CK, and the question here is really do it myself or take it to the shop…

Help!

ojom
    Free Member

It is the same tool to install.
    You do not need the grease tool from the off. Just when it needs re-greased.

Enjoy.

coatesy
    Free Member

Injector’s not necessary, but the point of the CK BB is that it can be re-greased.Not much advantage getting one if you don’t bother re-greasing it.

andrewmoke
    Free Member

awesome, thanks.

for the record – assuming i give the bike an average use (only weekend rig) how often do i need to re-grease it?

thanks again!

ojom
    Free Member

Well that will then depend on conditions etc

fret not, just take it as it comes. 8)

Burls72
    Free Member

I bought one when they first came out just because you could re-grease the bearings. The grease gun didn’t come out until a lot later so I have just popped the bearing cover off, washed them out with wd40 and re-greased. I haven’t bothered with the gun because the job is so easy. You have to take the crank off anyway so a couple of extra minutes is no trouble and at least you know you have removed all the dust, water etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chris King Bottom Bracket Installation’ is closed to new replies.