Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chris King BB……..
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Am on the verge of shelling out for a King BB in the hope it will last a lot longer than the Race Face and Shimano ones.

If I grease it properly and regularly can I expect it to last for for years? Do I need to buy the King specific grease tool too?

tang
    Free Member

im re thinking my king buy and now looking at the pace bb, which with wiggle deals comes in way cheaper. i think the tool is £15 or there abouts

mcboo
    Free Member

Tang….did you buy a King and not get on with it?

tang
    Free Member

sorry, what i mean is my shimano is dead again and im up for a serviceable bb. the pace ones are £58 at wiggle. the tool is way cheaper. id go king with the 5 yr warranty but economics suggest i go for the cheaper!

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

or you could save yourself a wad of cash and just buy a proper shimano cartridge bottom bracket, square taper or octalink.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I've had my CK BB for over a year now and it's had lots of use, this is the second bike it's been on and it still runs smooth with no play on the bearings at all. With a quick pump of grease every few months with the CK tool I can see it lasting for a long time.

mcboo
    Free Member

I've had King headsets for years so would like to get one…..but do I really need to spend £40 on a grease tool?

Anthony
    Free Member

Mine lasted 3 months before falling appart and the warranty wasn't honoured 🙁

The driveside bearing came to bits.

swiss
    Free Member

you dont need the tool to re grease the bearings you do it the same way has the headsets. i have been running a chrisking bb over the winter and regreased it twice , still running has smooth has the day i bought it

jam-bo

shimano are user servicable, drifting the bearings out and pressing some new ones in takes about ten minutes.

robarnold
    Free Member

shimano are user servicable, drifting the bearings out and pressing some new ones in takes about ten minutes

Popping the covers off, cleaning and regreasing takes about five 😀

'Do not disassemble' my arse. No pun intended 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chris King BB……..’ is closed to new replies.