Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Chris Harris on Cars.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

I’m sure there are a few motoring enthusiasts on here who know of him. It seems he’s had a bit of a falling out with the Drive network and has set up his own Youtube channel again which includes some which were previously subscription only.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m46ds7UxxQI[/video]

I think his videos are great, especially considering they are for free. Knocks Top Gear/Clarkson into a cocked hat.

titusrider
    Free Member

Not much to add except +1

Anyone with a remote interest in nice cars should be watching, His F12 video and his F40 vs F50 videos are masterpieces.

peterfile
    Free Member

I really like the guy for some reason.

His video on the P1 is one of my favourite motoring videos on youtube. He really conveys just how mindblowing the car is.

moshimonster
    Free Member

Yeah quite liked his Drivers Republic videos.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Harry’s Garage is well worth a watch. A genuine car enthusiast and supercar nerd, but yet very engaging.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XXHNAWWzTOw6guIMYCg

jimjam
    Free Member

Harry’s Garage is absolutely fantastic. Great to see someone with all those toys take such pleasure in them and be so modest about it all.

40mpg

Never heard of him – until last night when I watched his McLaren review off teh supercars thread. Started very ‘overenthusiastic amateur’ until I realised just what he was playing with, how technical the car was and what it was capable of. Nicely set off against Mr Straight-face McLaren dude.

I’ll definitely watch a few more of his.

peterfile
    Free Member

Started very ‘overenthusiastic amateur’ until I realised just what he was playing with, how technical the car was and what it was capable of.

That’s why I love that P1 feature so much. Chris has driven plenty of fast and exotic cars…so the fact that he was like a nervous first timer made it all the more exciting when he finally got in the car!

“It’s a new thing” 🙂

budgierider67

This is my favourite Chris Harris video. Excellent stuff.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oFDacv0hc8[/video]

monkeyjonzo
    Free Member

Love his old BMW M5 and Group B car videos.

The guy also likes his bikes:

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/29611/Harris_FFFleet_08-L.jpg

emsz
    Free Member

If there’s anything duller than actual cars, it’s blokes talking about cars 🙄

sharkattack

If there’s anything duller than actual cars, it’s blokes talking about cars

I do this thing where if I have no interest in the subject mentioned in the thread title I don’t click on it.

legend
    Free Member

and yet you couldn’t keep yourself from this thread….

EDIT: beaten to it

Nobby

Often go back & watch his C63 AMG ‘experiment’. 🙂

[video]http://youtu.be/HPh90yNX-mY[/video]

maxtorque

peterfile
    Started very ‘overenthusiastic amateur’ until I realised just what he was playing with, how technical the car was and what it was capable of.
    That’s why I love that P1 feature so much. Chris has driven plenty of fast and exotic cars…so the fact that he was like a nervous first timer made it all the more exciting when he finally got in the car!

“It’s a new thing”

I said much the same thing when i drove the P1 3 years ago. Except i wasn’t allowed to make a YouTube video about the experience…. 😉

P20

I do like his videos. As mentioned, the P1 and the F40/50 ones spring to mind as highlights. Loving the 2cv, hadn’t seen that before

Northwind

The 2CV vid was class. And the halfassed 325 rallying. Got a lot of time for someone that can bounce from incredible exotics to the sort of scabby shitheap I’d own and love them both.

Quite a lot of other good stuff on Drive though, when Matt Farah’s not trying too hard he can be a great presenter, just bubbling over with enthusiasm. And Alex Roy just being a total weirdo, or Mike Musto talking about things I don’t understand at all

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I’m a huge fan… His F12 video is just mind-blowing!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjp1xjOzJqY[/video]

peterfile
    Free Member

I said much the same thing when i drove the P1 3 years ago. Except i wasn’t allowed to make a YouTube video about the experience….

Pics or it didn’t…..oh wait 🙁 😉

(jammy bugger!)

digga
    Free Member

Harris manages better than any other motoring journalist to give us mere mortals a glimpse into what driving these machines is like. That he is also capable of loving (and describing that affection for) his vintage 2CV speaks volumes of what ‘it’ is all about.

Whether you just can’t be arsed with the hassle of owning exotic and interesting machinery, or just flat can’t afford it, this at least lifts the covers off the experience.

richmtb

I really like his videos. I’d not seen that AMG C63 one. Reminds me of karting in the wet.

Glad to see he is moving away from the subscription based stuff. Surely that just leads to a much smaller audience and less money?

richmtb

Harry’s Garage is well worth a watch. A genuine car enthusiast and supercar nerd, but yet very engaging.

That will be Harry Metcalfe – founder and owner of Evo magazine. He’ll have forgotten more about fast cars then most of us will ever know.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m tempted to say Chris Harris would be great on Fifth Gear if they would just get rid of that Jonny twonk. I’d imagine he’d have a good on screen rapport with Plato and Tiff. But then if he sticks with what he’s doing through a consistent channel he could well get much more successful on his own.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Fifth Gear? Eeewwwwww.

jimjam
    Free Member

I like it. Or rather, I like the group tests Needell and Plato do. They work well together and it goes without saying they can drive. VBH is good too although her pieces seem a bit contrived when she’s not thrashing cars.

They’ve finally stopped trying mimick the shit eating ****ery of Top Gear and have gotten on with driving cars. If only the would lose worthy Jonny and his serious info packed features such as, tyres can affect your car’s grip etc etc etc

torsoinalake
    Free Member

They will never again capture the heady heights of Tim Lovejoy in the Ace Cafe.

jimjam
    Free Member

Speaking of Harry Metcalfe

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-dZ5NEOMM&list=WL&index=75[/video]

a few crimes against Ferrari’s going on here. Murica.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Chris Harris on Cars.’ is closed to new replies.