Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chopwell Woods
  • Kahurangi

I’m back in the toon and went for a little explore a few weeks ago. Found some lovely step stuff and a great gully ridgeline to play on that takes you down towards Lintzford.

Also saw a vid on facebook of a fairly impressive looking jump. Bit big for me if you know the jump.

I couldn’t find a good climbing track up to the steeper lines I found – looking at a map I think these were over towards Chopwell Villa. There was a really overgrown track from the Villa but it wouldn’t be that useful as a climb back up.

Anyone off here ride there regularly? How’s best to try and put a loop together? Fancy showing a numpty round? I promise I’ll put all the secret lines on strava, case your jumps and drag my skids around all the corners 😆

GrahamS

There is a Chopwell Tumblers facebook group where you’ll find a bunch of people that ride it fairly regularly.

gazc
    Free Member

i live nearby and usually out riding there wednesday nights or odd weekends with a few other folk. not had chance to make it out with the tumbler lot as they’re out thursdays, and i usually ride a longer way home via beamish woods/dipton woods then. happy to show you around though, but not out tonight as busted my ankle at a festival at the weekend… 😳

the jump you’re talking about got knocked down by the forestry buy happy to show you where it is in case it gets reincarnated 😉 it was canny massive mind! they’ve been knocking down a few of the jumps/drops on some of the off piste stuff which is a bit of a shame as some of them were really fun trails, but they’re all rideable still

saying that there’s loads of other stuff to ride, from flowing rooty trails, to jump tracks and proper steep gnar at the bottom (around/near the ridge you mention), mostly under the radar so best to be shown really. pretty sure most of the established trails are on strava now though

drop us an email (in profile) if you want and i can see when i can make it down

teethgrinder

Tumbler here, as is Righog (Paul – Happy Brthday!).

Ride every Thurs night and most of us try to get there on as Sat or Sun morning as well; I can’t as CCDB inline and Reverb are away for warranty work. Welcome to come along anytime, and I’m only in Prudhoe, so 10min drive/40min ride away.

The video that was doing the rounds was in the Drift Pit, but the FC removed it – it was massively obvious from the fireroad and the rest of the jumps and berms were also flattened in that spot.

The ridge down to Lintzford is Ted’s Ridge

Still loads of other places, but watch out on Flow/Frenchman (so called as when the wild garlic is out it stinks) as there’s a local called Lance Moore who puts branches, big sticks and possibly nail traps out. He’s a ****.

Kahurangi

*waves*

I’m off for a pootle after work this evening and I’m going a bit quiet for a few weeks. I have some er, business to attend to. I work in Scotswood, so chopwell’s pretty handy for a quickie – I expect to pop over frequently in future.

I’ll try and coordinate a thursday evening with the Tumblers sometime soon.

gaz, PM passed me your email, cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chopwell Woods’ is closed to new replies.