Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • choices, choices…PaceXC305 or Sanderson Life frame…or any other HT frames?
  • BruceK
    Free Member

Without stoking the fires of 853 steel vs 6005 Aluminium dabate, what do people who own these think? I’m going to use it for geared 24 hr racing, then SS duties round the local woods when I don’t fancy lugging/cleaning the full bouncer. Quite different bikes and materials I appreciate, but thought I’d ask.
    Its getting an odd job of running gear thrown at it, with RS Psylos Race, XT bits and bobs and Hope stopping stuff, but should do the job.
    Also considering all the usual supsects of Scandals, Pipedream Sirius( tho’out of stock at moment), Cotic Soul, etc etc
    Any thoughts /pics appreciated!
    ta

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a 305. As much as I love it for day ides in the Peaks, I don’t think I’d want to be on it for 24hrs. I’d want something a bit more compliant for that.

boxelder

I’ve a Life (despite what being on here at this time might suggest). It’s a very capable frame – comfy in that steel way, copes with being ridden carelessly over rocks etc, quite low at the front (I use 85-115mm Rebas). Runs full length gear outers (changed tonight for the first time in 3+ years). Not as light as a Scandal, probably not as capable downhill as a Pace or Cotic (lower head), but as a really well made, old skool kind of steel HT, it’s excellent. Riding 10UTBen soon and can’t decide between this and my 100mm light full susser, so may be just the thing for 24hrs!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Seconded re. Sanderson Life. Love mine. Amazing climber, really comfy for all dayers and since i extended my forks (rebas now at 115ish) it is good on the downs too – not like a hardcore hardtail but it copes with my descending ineptitude. I’d highly recommend it. And of course, it is a British bike (if not made here).

BruceK
    Free Member

thanks guys: good advice. Pace are keen to suggest there is a bit of compliance in the rear stays, but they look pretty solid to me. Good for couple of hour thrashes in the woods, but hard work, even on a team 24hr! The Sanderson seems well thought out and designed for uk conditions (like the full length outers) Pleasant choice to have to make tho 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘choices, choices…PaceXC305 or Sanderson Life frame…or any other HT frames?’ is closed to new replies.