Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Choices choices choices… On-One Inbred or Kinesis Decade Virsa
  • mkidley
    Free Member

Looking for a new HT frame to replace my buggered Giant frame, £300 or less… These two seem to be on the short list, was also fond of the Max Light XC3 but as I’m quite a heavy gent I may swerve that one – steel is probably for the best…

So, care to help me decide? Or any suggestions to make this even more difficult? Haha

The Decade seems pretty good as I can throw my current Hope headset on there, and I love the Apple Green colour… Fork wise, 100mm Rebas will be thrown on.

Cheers chaps.

Kryton57

The Decade is so far ahead of the on one I’m surprised you think there is a choice. Get the kinesis, you’ll love it- I did.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have an early Decade Virtue (same bike new name) and love it. In the green too. I have tried many forks in the frame from rigid 100, 120 and 130mm. Settled on the 120 but I am used to riding with longer so the 100mm just felt a bit xc focused for my personal preference.
    Not ridden an On one so I can’t offer comparison but the Decade has the posh tubing and DMR swap out drop outs so you can tinker with SS and geared.

mkidley
    Free Member

Wish I had 120mm Rebas, or indeed a previous year’s Rebas – I believe you could simply use spacers in years gone by to increase the travel to 120mm?

To double check at the risk of sounding a retard, I’m right to think my 44mm Hope Integral headset is suitable for the Decade?

Cheers for the replies so far guys 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I believe the head tube went to 44mm last year. Mine is an early 1 1/8″. The guys at Kenesis are pretty helpful with support and should confirm whats suitable.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Is the Dialled Sale still on? I’d be getting a Prince Albert from Mike if it was me..

mkidley
    Free Member

Saw the Prince Albert, looked pretty decent, but the fact I own 100mm forks put me off it, but then – I do know sod all haha

100mm forks would be OK on the Prince Albert Classic.

jamj1974

Kinesis!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think The decade virsa is a lovely frame and good value. Looks nice, light n nimble. Someone was selling one on here recently pretty cheap, also a new style saracen kili which looked the nuts also pretty cheap on here 2nd hand virtually new. I’d be on classifieds if I were u.

albash82
    Free Member

Decade all the way, yeah ur 44mm hope headset should fit, is it zero stack top n bottom (2-B)??
    I bloody love mine (old virtue) and have built up a few for customers in the past who also love them.
    I use a 120mm fork, but as far as I can recall, when stw had one on test, they preferred it with a 100mm fork!

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Charge duster with the tange prestige tubing. Pick up one s/h for around a onner. Takes a 100-120 fork, nice comfortable all day riding or play bike. Had mine setup with 130 bombers, 1×9, bash and stinger and felt fine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Choices choices choices… On-One Inbred or Kinesis Decade Virsa’ is closed to new replies.