• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Choices, choices.
  • colournoise

So, no Rocket 🙁

The pile of parts really can’t wait another year (at least?), so finally time I guess to find an alternative.

NS Soda – looks ‘right’ but might be a tad heavy for an all-rounder?

Orange Alpine 26 – UK built and the right kind of numbers, but it has that Orange stigma – are they REALLY that bad or is that just an STW thing (I DON’T drive an Audi if that helps)?

Banshee Spitfire/Rune – cool bikes, but our LBS now stocks them so getting to be our ‘standard’ local FS bikes. Also, that rear end always looks a bit busy and mud-magnet like to me.

Left-field. One of the last few El Guapo DB air 26er complete bikes and flog the forks and Reverb.

Of course, if anyone has a small Taiwanese Rocket they don’t want…

Would love opinions on the ideas I have, and any suggestions for other ‘playful’ 140-160mm FS frames around the 1500 quid mark.

Thanks in advance.

colournoise

Bump for the lunchtime surfers.

honourablegeorge

Sorry, wrong link, meant the 66, seem to be all gone

cookeaa

Orange Alpine 26 – UK built and the right kind of numbers, but it has that Orange stigma – are they REALLY that bad or is that just an STW thing (I DON’T drive an Audi if that helps)?

I wouldn’t let the “Orange stigma” thing put you off it should be more about the bike, plus dispite the Audi thing it ticks that same box that a Rocket would, it’s UK built, if that was one of your reasons for wanting a rocket then why not an Alpine?

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I’d be looking at the Spitfire/Rune option as with the changeable dropouts it does future proof the frame.

I was tempted by the GT Sanction but that is on the inbewteener wheels.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Usual long list but just get out and ride some. Also how tied to 26 are you. Said it on the rocket thread but if your forks take a 650 then your rims and spokes away from a lot more choice.

colournoise

Sentimentally tied to 26 inch wheels and would rather not have to faff about getting wheels rebuilt.

Waiting to hear from someone on Pinkbike to see whether he’s willing to split his complete Rocket and flog me the frame only, but otherwise I think the Alpine is the front runner. although there IS something about the Soda…

jedi

kona 167? the soda ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Choices, choices.’ is closed to new replies.