Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chips away franchise?
  • rapidman123
    Free Member

Does anyone know anyone who has a chips away franchise, I've been to an open day there today and am just after more info from anyone who already owns one.

Thanks

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I really wouldn't bother, most people know there next to useless on a decent car, OK for a quick touch up on a banger, but thats about it.
    Have an ask about in local car dealers & see if any of them actually bother to use them, I bet its only for the odd bumper scuff if they do, anything else is to noticeable on a sales car, & most will pay to have the work done properly by a decent paintshop.
    HTH.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Is the same franchise that is owned by MyHome (PLC) – I put the PLC in brackets as they went into administration about a year ago.

If so I know the company, their head office and some of their franchisees very well.

Don't go there

halfbee
    Free Member

There's chips away van that lives around the corner from me, it never seems to go anywhere…

roper
    Free Member

I thought the Chips away franchise was pyramids made of Aloe Vera?
    😕

Houns

I wouldn't bother, seen the cars the bosses drive?

rapidman123
    Free Member

Thanks for all your your interesting comments……..

silverpigeon you are right it is part of myhome……….

Houns you are right the bosses drive some very, very nice cars

Houns

rapidman i'll drop you a mail

rapidman123
    Free Member

cool, thanks

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Seriously Rapidman be careful. I'm not going to go into details on a public forum but here's a few pointers

1) I see MyHome describes itself as a Plc listed on AIM. Do some research and you will find that the shares were suspended and then de-listed about a year ago. whilst your at it try and get hold of the administrators report, makes interesting reading.

b) Who runs the company now anyway? Not that board they list on their investor relations link. Ask them why that has not been updated.

c) Ask them to give you a list of ALL their Chips Away franchisees – then call a few and see how many have been trying to sell then ask them why they can't. Can't have a list? No, thought not.

OK that's all I can say without getting libellous. All the above info is in the public domain if you know where to look.

Email me if you want the low down. Good luck

rapidman123
    Free Member

Thanks Silverpigeon, that all sounds interesting. I'll have a dig around. It was weirdreally I sort of thought things were not quite right……….

Wharfedale
    Free Member

If you are keen on starting up with a smart repair business it maybe worth looking at these guys? Seem pretty reasonable costs. Not used them myself but it's another option.

http://www.aycesystems.co.uk/business_opportunities.html

rapidman123
    Free Member

Thanks Wharfedale,how did you hear fo them? it looks pretty good and a really good price.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

They are based just down the road from me, I found them when I had a minor bump when we had the snow. I was looking for paintless dent repair.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chips away franchise?’ is closed to new replies.