Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chinese carbon road frames – and with discs and bolt through yet?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I know both discs and bolt through are a very personal thing on road bikes but has anyone seen a Chinese carbon frameset sporting both?

c_klein87

not that I’ve seen, loads have disc, iplay sporting goods seem to be ahead of the trend normally, maybe worth emailing them with an example?

Onzadog
    Free Member

The saracen avro looks interesting. Can’t help thinking that saracen might be a bit small to invest in a mold. Maybe that’s a Chinese open mold frame.

antigee

Onzadog – Member

I know both discs and bolt through are a very personal thing on road bikes but has anyone seen a Chinese carbon frameset sporting both?

suits me sir

more looking for gravel/less cx more audax style but same sentiment – been looking but not seen any bolt thru yet though a lot of major’s have gone that way so it must only be time

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you know they need to wait until a few are making them so they can nick the moulds without knowing where they came from. It’s not like they are actually bothering to design anything just rip off other peoples work.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Or the Chinese might design something that the smaller guys can badge up and charge more for. I’d be really impressed if saracen had tooled up for the avro to keep it exclusive. I’d imagine that whoever makes it, owns the mold.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Miracle have a bolt thru disc brake cross bike on offer.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Miracle have a bolt thru disc brake cross bike on offer.

That does look good. Eyelets for rack/guards, too?

antigee

cheers not seen that (obviously) a quick google and Miracle seem to get a lot of praise

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn’t Miracle where clubber got his disc brake carbon special from?

I’m starting to wonder if there’s really that much difference between a road frame and a cross frame.

karnali
    Free Member

Knowing very little about thru axles does it use standard qr hubs and skewers or can standard skewers be easily converted to use them?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Some hubs, like the hope, can be converted by changing ends caps but the point of bolt through is that it does away with standard quick release skewers.

damascus
    Free Member

2year warranty. 142 rear spacing. Doesn’t say if it comes with maxles.

http://www.miraclebikes.com/products/path0143/path0163/FirstLook-3A2015MiracleThruAxleCyclocrossBikeNewes25052933/

Does anyone know how much these cost and the weight of the frame and fork?

Very tempted by this. Thanks for spotting it!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Option for a bsa bb as well!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chinese carbon road frames – and with discs and bolt through yet?’ is closed to new replies.