Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chinese carbon frames
  • madeupname
    Free Member

I can’t find any recent thoughts on these…

I looked a year or two ago, and carbonzone seemed to come up regularly.

Do people still buy these? any other supplier recommended?

Many thanks.

bob_summers

For what? I got a Hong fu FM 066 and would recommend, thinking of picking up their cx frame for next season.

madeupname
    Free Member

Looking at TT bikes…

I know it’s been out for a few years, but I was eyeing up the Carbonzone TT01 (seems the same as the Honfu FM012, but with some paint!). Non intergrated seat post and front end, seemed pretty well thought of in 2012-3…

Is there a Hongfu pricelist anywhere? or do you have to email/Skype them?

Thanks

lightman
    Free Member

Lots on ebay, that’s where I got mine.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve built up three Hongfu 66 frames now, and two 166 disc frames. Good frames in terms of weight and performance. However, they haven’t been without issues. Two frames had headset bearing seats which weren’t quite perfectly round and needed sanding. One frame had a internal layer of carbon which interfered with the rear gear cabling that needed filing (boy did that take some spotting….). On another frame they’d painted over one of the plastic internal cable guides, and on another the rear brake cable guide had a ‘snot’ of carbon which meant the cable ferrule wouldn’t seat properly and again needed filing, then touching up with paint. And finally on a mate’s frame (not one I’d built up) it developed a crack on the seattube near the BB, so they replaced the whole frame under warranty.

So in short, a mixed bag really. I like my own disc roadie (FM-166) – it rides well and I’ve not had any issues with it but I’m not sure I’d recommend one to a friend, and I’d certainly tell them the issues above.

I bought direct from them. Email was good and no problems with that. They can paint them for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chinese carbon frames’ is closed to new replies.