Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • China spending more on combating climate change than UK…
  • IanW
    Free Member

Can’t believe either has a budget to reduce climate change, maybe some tax breaks you could add up as x y or z depending on who’s calculator your using.

zokes
    Free Member

I’d say compared to an ice age, man has barely scraped the surface (literally).

The point being that man-made changes are the ones we can avoid and have control over

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d say compared to an ice age, man has barely scraped the surface

I suspect that the increase in carbon dioxide levels during the last couple of hundred years due to human activity will result in the most rapid global climate changes for 65 million years.

The cycle of an ice age spans several million years. The planet adapts surprisingly well to gradual changes. When did the first modern humans appear – 350,000 years ago ? ….well within the span of an ice age cycle.

Rapid climatic changes can result in catastrophic consequences for life on Earth.

IanW
    Free Member

The UK is in great place to leda the way.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The point being that man-made changes are the ones we can avoid and have control over

Zokes, what’s causing the explosion in earth worms that are responsible for increasing the soils co2 emissions?

If the earth worm explosion isn’t man made, surely we’re just speeding the whole thing up. So we’re **** in 100 years instead of say 400.

I say this having not looked at any data at all, so it’s a genuine question.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘China spending more on combating climate change than UK…’ is closed to new replies.