• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by igm.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Childrens' bike seats – do any mount onto the seat post
  • lard
    Free Member

As my wife rides a 14″ bike we’re having trouble finding a bike seat to fit the bike.

I’ve got a wee-ride (seat sits on the cross bar) on my bike but mrs lard can’t reach around. We bought a conventional bike-rack mounted seat but it needs to camp onto the seat tube – however this won’t work on her bike as it’s such a small frame and the fron derallieur gets in the way.

Are there any seats that mount just on the seat tube? I’d have thought that this would be the only solution for a full sus frame?

thanks for any help

bigdawg
    Free Member

there are none that vie seen that attach to the seat tube completely, but that may be because the seatposts arent made to take that stress – how old’s the littlun?? A LOCT seat me be easier on a 14” than a weeride but your littlun should be at least 2. Alternatively a 16” bike – my other half rides a 14” and is too small for a rear mounted seat, but she can ride a 16” with relative ease..

lard
    Free Member

that LOCT seat seems a good compromise – think i prefer it to the wee-ride (after a long ride my knees are complaining!)

it’ll also be cheaper than a new bike for J!

igm

LOCT will only fit a small frame if you chop the rods down – that’ll make sense if you buy one.

Excellent seat and we use it a lot, but while it fits my 18″ (and now sadly dead) Five, it doesn’t fit my wife’s 14″ Five Diva.

10 minutes with a hacksaw would sort it for the Diva, but then it wouldn’t fit my bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Childrens' bike seats – do any mount onto the seat post’ is closed to new replies.