Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Children playing football
  • cinnamon_girl

I regularly get footballs landing in my garden due to them playing in the street behind and, give them their due, children are always very polite when requesting their return.

Just answered the door to a lad of around 11 asking for his ball and blaming his young cousin for kicking it in my garden. 😀 I asked why was he not playing football in his own back garden and he said that it was too small. My response was that my back garden was also small and, actually, I didn’t want footballs in it. That had him stumped.

AIBU?

😉

scuttler

Got me stumped too. YABU! 😉

I love polite kids and kids that play out so winner squared.

If it really bugs you plant football-killing roses. That’ll learn em.

thecaptain
    Free Member

You don’t need to plant them. Just say you have, and keep a nail or other sharp implement handy 👿

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I was under the impression you were a cool mtbing goddess.

Not the grumpy old lady, who has lots of cats and smells mildly of wee ??

johnners
    Free Member

I suppose it depends how often it’s happening and whether the football does any damage but it does sound a bit like YABU. I’m with scuttler on this, I in favour of polite kids playing out.

lunge

Kids playing outside are better than kids being inside.
    Kids outside playing football will undoubtedly send the odd ball into the neighbours garden. This to is a fact.
    So yes, smile, give them their ball back and leave it at that.

ninfan
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl

Thanks folks. Yes I do like to see kids playing out but there are grassy areas where they can play two minutes walk away. So many properties here have been extended hence ending up with no usable space in gardens, bit daft when you have kids imo.

If only I were a cool mtb goddess, no longer ride unfortunately and by the end of the day am wiped out so can appear grumpy. No cats though, hate the things. 🙂

Really can’t say whether I resemble that gif. 😳

Torminalis
    Free Member

You don’t.

Kids playing is good, I hope my neighbours are nice to mine when they are old enough.

mefty
    Free Member

You are completely reasonable – we don’t want to develop a bunch of Chris Waddles who sky their shots.

twistedpencil

Reminds me if the old dear who lived across the road from me as a lad, used to run out of the front door and grab footballs that went on her drive then puncture them. Never want to turn into that so crack on polite young uns 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I’m so ashamed of how I was to my neighbour’s kids 20 odd years ago long before I had a kid of my own. Used to glare at them out the window when they were playing out and tell them to go away if they came in the garden while I was there!
    I bet I’d be nice to them even if they broke my window these days!
    No idea why I was like that, we used to deliberately wind up the grumpy bastard in our road when we were kids.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jumpers for goalposts?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Ahh, you’re one of them, noted.. 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Jumpers for goalposts?

the iron railings for the school leccy generator used to piss them off more! perfect goal size anawl for a game of cupies or 7 a by! the earth shattering noise when ye rattled the baw aff them, 4000 times a hour, was just a bonus. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Children playing football’ is closed to new replies.