Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Children in flats ,private landlord question.
  • project
    Free Member

a freind, has custody of 2 children, after his divorce,he has applied to a landlord for a 2 bedroom flat, but been refused because the landlord does not allow children in his properties to live there even for a weekend,(mature people only) is this correct.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

his flat his conditions

cynic-al
    Free Member

yup don’t think there’s any law banning that discrimination. HRA maybe.

find another flat.

Kuco

The flat i’m in didn’t mention anything about children but I spoke to one of the older tenants when I moved in and he mentioned that when he moved in years ago it stated no children.

cynic-al
    Free Member

yup don’t think there’s any law banning that discrimination. HRA maybe.

find another flat.

cynic-al
    Free Member

oops

ziggy
    Free Member

Yeah I had similar with my previous landlord, I turned up to view, took the property on no problems. Then the landlord found out that my son stays 2-3 nights a week then he gets the cob on.
    He never asked or stated no kids nor was it in the letting agreement. He then send an amendment, to which I told him to chuff off.

As I see it people with kids are normally far more responsible than blokes without kids, I remember my bachelor days of zero housework.

As above though, his flat, his rules.

robhughes
    Free Member

unless it,s written into your lease that there are to be no children living in the property then the landlord hasn,t got a leg to stand on.
    me being a landlord for my sins 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Children in flats ,private landlord question.’ is closed to new replies.