Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Childhood injustices that still annoy you?
  • jekkyl

Lets hear your tale(s) of injustices that you suffered as a child that have never been resolved and still annoy you to this day.

Mine is from secondary school. While lining up to go into Maths I noticed one of the drawing pins have come off the notice board on the wall. Right at the moment when I was pressing it back in Mr Salmon walks round the corner and sees me. He accuses me of ‘messing with the notice board’ and sends me off to the deputy headmistress, a feared woman by the name of Mrs Heany. She gave me detention so I missed the bus home and had to walk 4 miles. Given detention for doing the right thing, oh the injustice.

Let’s hear yours.

johndoh
    Free Member

Being told to stand in assembly to be identified as the person that put a marble through the large window in the dinner hall at primary school aged about 7.

To be fair, pretty much every other misdemeanour that happened at that school was down to me and my friend, but on that particular occasion I was innocent!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Let’s see –

Nope! Pretty much guilty of all of the things I was punished for…It’s a fair cop.

crankboy
    Free Member

Being accused of cheating in a German test more specifically of copying of my friend sat next to me. In fact he was copying off me! I was copying the answers off the sheet of paper hidden in my pen case.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh and being told by a policeman to pick up the empty chip wrappers I had thrown on the floor.

The thing was, I was still eating my chips and therefore was still holding my wrapper.

He threatened to arrest me so I did it.

Fascist Bully Boy!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Had “using a calculator watch” (showing my age there…) scrawled all over a mock exam paper by some loon of a teacher.

It was an English exam… 🙄

tthew

Blamed for pushing a bit of grit into Paul Foster’s ear, which he had to go to hospital to get removed. He did it himself, but obviously didn’t want to look like a halfwit.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got detention for arguing that the cold weather wouldn’t kill the germs responsible for your having a cold ‘cos they’re inside your body and if your body dropped to cumbrian winter ambient temperature you’d have a bigger problem than a cold. Mr Parkinson – you’re a tosser.

My Dad using my A+ first ever CDT project spatula to mix wallpaper paste within 24hrs of me getting it home- Dad you’re a pillock

Being chewed out by my maths teacher for covering my exercise book in iron maiden pictures – Mr McEever You’re a godbothering weasel

Not being picked for discus despite smashing the competition because they were of a more ‘discussy’ build (read big and fat rather than my lean with long arms) Kappa – I’m looking at you.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Free Pluto!

Mickey Mouse’s dog.

Mice, Ducks, cows and all other sorts of creatures in the world of Disney get to live in a house, wear clothes and have conversations…. but not Pluto.

Oh No.
    He has to live in a kennel and eat a bone out a bowl. Usually tied up by with a rope through the collar around his neck.

As if this gross injustice wasn’t cruel enough… here comes Goofy.

A dog. 😯

A walking, talking clothes wearing, living in a house dog.
    Just to rub poor Pluto’s face in the horror of his mute, naked servitude.

How can this cruel travesty be allowed to continue unchallenged?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

The mystery of who crapped in the porta-potty whilst on holiday in the early seventies in a caravan still concerns me. Both kids were punished not for the act but for neither admitting the crime. Both of us swear neither of us did it to this day.

alanf
    Free Member

Whilst having a French test my mate copied the majority of my answers.
    After the test had been checked I had to stay behind to re-do it as I had loads of it wrong whereas he passed somehow?!?

We both still don’t know how it happened!

Mr_C
    Free Member

When I was in infant school we went on a rare (the only time I can remember) trip to the local park. We were allowed to play on the swings, slides etc in small groups whilst the rest of the children played on the grass area. I waited patiently for my turn which never came and shortly before we left one of the teachers asked if there was anyone who hadn’t had a go on the equipment. I was the only one to put up my hand at which point one of the other teachers said I had and I was trying it on. I wasn’t, and it still annoys me to this day, 40 years later.

johndoh
    Free Member

Being given a rap on my hands with a ruler for drawing an outline of my hand on a school book cover by Miss Housego in English.

The thing is, she drew it herself – the whole class saw her do it during class and quite clearly it wasn’t my hand as I was a 13 yr old boy with much smaller hands than she had!

But she was mentalist, had the world’s singularly most greasy skin complexion and was eventually fired after (allegedly) being caught in a broom cupboard with a Sixth Former.

MrSmith
    Free Member

never seeing star wars first time round. the local flea-pit was not up to Lucasfilm standards so it was never shown, and parents wouldn’t bother to drive 40 miles to nearest cinema, i had the cards and the figures but had to lie about seeing the film.
    in 6th form i was hauled before head of year and accused of breaking all the window handles in the old nissen hut classrooms. i had no ‘previous’ and it would have been very out of character, the reason for the blame? i was the only pupil in the lower sixth who had free school dinners therefore coming from a council house/low income background it’s obviously me who is the vandal.

brassneck

Getting Starsky and Hutch for Christmas.

No Ford Torino 🙁

andytherocketeer

Being told off in art for “painting all wrong”. How the frick can putting brush, paint and paper together be wrong?
    Shame that teacher got told off a year or so later for fondling girls to see if they had started wearing a bra yet. The thing that surprised us more was that we were convinced he was more in to boys.

Getting a detention for bad hand writing, after virtually snapping my hand in PE and couldn’t even hold a pen. Did find enough strength to tear up the detty form under his nose to save the embarrassment of my dad having to do that via official channels.

wwaswas

I let my brother take the rap for weeing all over the toilet seat at our Nan’s when we were 7 or 8 years old.

Poor kid, he’s probably still sitting down to widdle now so he doesn’t get unjustly accused again.

growinglad
    Free Member

Being accused by Mr Beardy Jesus look alike that I hadn’t handed in my Religious Education GCSE course work….I had, the **** lost it and then failed me….

….If it wasn’t for that I may have become a Vicar…. or maybe not.

badnewz
    Free Member

I had a fairly horrific experience of getting my head kicked in and then being accused of being equally responsible for the so-called fight, when in reality I was simply attacked.
    That’s a hard one to shift.

TheWrongTrousers

At primary school I got told ‘not to be so stupid’ after writing an essay about volcanoes in Iceland. Of course there aren’t volcanoes in Iceland, it’s cold and made of ice. D’uh !
    The same teacher laughed when I described how some natives or other used to light fires inside logs in order to start the process of turning them into canoes. Which really irritated me as it had been on Blue Peter only the week before, so it must be true.
    Grrrrrr

MrSmith
    Free Member

oh i forgot the real big one.
    being forced to hold a pen/pencil/brush in my right hand so as to not be ‘cack-handed’
    FFS! i should be left handed not right handed and holding a pen funny.

Stevet1
    Free Member

When I was 13 I was allowed to properly turn vegetarian by my parents, and they sent me to my ‘faith’ school with a packed lunch. Headteacher summoned me, quizzed me for a while about being vege then told me god had put animals on the planet ‘to be eaten’ and made my mum pay for school meals for the rest of my time at school even though I had packed lunch every day. What a knobber.

lunge

After auditioning and winning the part in the school production being told I couldn’t do that and take part in the district athletics event. Fine says I, I’ll not do the production then (sport was and still is the number 1 priority). No, you don’t understand my boy, you’re doing the production. Gutted. What made it worse is the stage hands got to do both. What made it even worse still was that therefore made it the only year I didn’t win the sprint event in all my years at school.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I remember someone won a competition on CBBC to design a new vehicle for some cartoon character and the picture he won with was a tracing of the Orca from Command and Conquer. I felt most aggrieved at that!

Cougar

Headteacher summoned me, quizzed me for a while about being vege then told me god had put animals on the planet ‘to be eaten’

What odd logic. Even if that were true, I don’t recall it being mandatory. It’s ok to let some live, I think.

Esme
    Free Member

Mr Davis my English teacher deserves a mention for mocking me in front of the whole class for using the word “mantelpiece”, which he claimed was a clock or ornament sitting on the “mantelshelf”.

HE WAS WRONG! It’s the fire surround itself, not a flippin clock. Many years later, I still feel a flash of indignation, whenever I hear the word mantelpiece. In fact I’m tempted to call at his nursing home to put him straight on this.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

This thread has made me chuckle. Mine is when we went on a residential trip to Whitehough near Pendle, and I was accused of pulling apart a sponge football one evening. I hadn’t even touched the bloody thing and when i asked who had accused me, the teacher wouldn’t say. Still to this day have no idea who it was and was later told by another teacher that the incident cost me the head boy-ship! (I was a bit square at school…!).

I am also still annoyed with myself for ‘only’ getting 99% in my physics mock for missing the ‘s’ off a time value in seconds…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t get me started!

I remember the school athletics competition. Pick one track, two field events or two track one field event and total the results. Joint first prize awarded to two guys who did two track and one field. I was overlooked because my long jump and triple jump results still hadn’t come up from the bottom field yet.

Some money raising thing at school was sponsored by pizza hut and the prize for the boy and girl who raised the most was a free meal. I raised £250, next best raised £50. I still to this day, haven’t had my free pizza hut meal.

Being told by my parents that clearing our plates in the little chef would earn us a free lollipop. We cleared them but never got the lollipops. Now I know why they’re called little thief.

Getting slapped around the head by my stepdad because my step sister caught her fingers in a sliding door. I was the other side of the room and knew nothing about it.

I’d best stop before I get carried away and open Pandor’s box.

johndoh
    Free Member

Slightly different but similar…

An old girlfriend refused to believe me when I said greenhouse gases came from aerosol cans as well as the usual suspects. She wouldn’t believe me because her geography teacher had told her they only came from aeroplanes as they were closer to the atmosphere and that nothing actually on earth could effect it.

It caused the mother of all arguments because I knew I was correct and I then had to spend a weekend at her grandparents’ house with a girlfriend who wasn’t talking to me.

Funnily enough, time moved on, I met someone else (who I am still with) and her best friend’s dad… Yep – the same geography teacher.

One day when I am pissed at a party I think I’ll end up having a chat with him about his inaccuracies…

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

In GCSE year I had to do an English essay, I spent 3 nights working on this really hard. One of my class mates copied other people’s work in the lesson before it was handed in. He got a better grade than me, and unfortunately that led me to turning round and sticking two fingers up at GCSEs and I didn’t study for my exams!

jekkyl

jesus I can’t believe some these, some teachers are right ****s. I hope those of you who are teachers conduct yourselves in a decent and honest manner.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Just remembered another (quite cathartic this!). I started buying 3 1/2″ floppy disks and storage boxes for them from an advert I saw in the back of ST Format magazine and realised they were 1/4 the price that school sold them at. So, I made a few flyers advertising them for sale at 25% below the school prices and had a very profitable few weeks, mainly selling to teachers, one of which pinned my flyer in the staff room, resulting in me getting dragged into the deputy head’s office to be congratulated on my excellent charity fund raising initiative…

I can’t remember how much of my actual profits I declared, but it was annoying to be handing over anything. Still can’t believe they weren’t encouraging such things!

MrNice
    Free Member

I was 8 or 9 and some dickhead amusing prankster from my class nicked my pencil case and put it in the teacher’s desk during break. When it turned up I got told off for putting it there myself. I protested that i’d have no reason to do such a thing and got into more trouble for lying.

lunge

Just thought of another one. There was a design a book cover competition, the winner got there in the window of a local book shop and got some voucher or such like. I did one on paper aeroplanes and included an actual pop up plane on the cover, it was bloody genius. I got my design in nice and early and as a “treat” it was shown to the rest of the school to show the good ones they’d received so far, mine was the only pop up one at the time. In the end I lost, I was beaten by another pop up cover, one that would never have been thought of if it weren’t for them showing mine off/giving my idea away. Bitter, me?

DezB
    Free Member

So, I was bored stiff with learning German A level and told Mark, who sat next to me, that I was going to ask to transfer out and do (something else, can’t remember what, let’s say electronics).
    So I go to the head of department, lets call him Mr Idiot.
    “Mr Idiot, sir, can I transfer out of German and do, er electronics please?”
    “Why?”
    “Because I’m not grasping German and I want to do something I’ll pass the exam in”
    “Hmm, do you know Mark?”
    “Yes”
    “Well, the answer’s no – you only want to transfer out because Mark has”
    “But sir!”
    “The answer is no”
    “Sir, you’re a complete bastard *smack* *boot* *crunch*” (I made that bit up).

I got a U (ungraded) in my German exam. Sat for the 2 hours drawing pictures.

badnewz
    Free Member

At junior school, I and a friend were given a week of lunchtime detentions for ripping a girl’s coat in the playground. But this never happened – she ripped it herself or someone else did.
    A whole week of lunchtime detentions at the age of 7! Ridiculous.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh and I was made to stand in assembly on another occasion – for pushing Justine Lion into a bed of nettles – she was covered in stings.

The injustice of it!

Ohh wait. I did that one didn’t I? 😯

Kahurangi

I am also still annoyed with myself for ‘only’ getting 99% in my physics mock for missing the ‘s’ off a time value in seconds…

That’s valid. 60 Whats? 60 Watts? 60 Minutes? 60 Bananas?

molgrips
    Free Member

“But sir!”
    “The answer is no”

That would never happen nowadays, a U would look bad on the school’s results.

LeeW

Jon Taylor – Member
    That’s valid. 60 Whats? 60 Watts? 60 Minutes? 60 Bananas?

I’m guessing from his post he wrote 60 second rather than 60 seconds.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Childhood injustices that still annoy you?’ is closed to new replies.