Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Child Riding Bicycle – Bloke Driving Car Interface
  • barca
    Free Member

I've promised my wife I'll remain adult and stay away from the guy. The same can't be said of my neighbour though and they car driver will be regretting his conduct through out this sorry episode when all the legal stuff is out of the way.
    It could and should have been so much easier and if the bloke had acted with some decorum and at least checked to see that Ben was OK at the time, he may well have got his cash on the nose rathet than the forehead of my neighbour on his nose (allegedly).

mrchrispy

don't forget to bill him of all of our time, i reckon the STW consulting massive dont come cheap.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

barca, nice to see someone on here having a positive experience with the police and taking time to share it. Hopefully the driver is going to have cause to regret his actions at the time, and subsequently in reporting it. Let us know how it eventually pans out.

ferrit
    Free Member

Glad to see the police have been decent about this.

That bloke sounds like a right gimp. If you do see him again, ask him what it's like to have a really small willy.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Ride on the pavement, take yer' chances. I was riding on the road from that age, if not a bit before (whatever happened to the ol' cycling proficiency at school?), and was well aware that riding on the pavement is/was somewhat "bad".

Knock-for-knock, this.

avdave2

Jimbo how long ago and where were you living at the time? Sort of makes a difference I think. The point about training is a good one though, I'd say at least 50% of bikes ridden in Brighton by adults are ridden on the pavement because they are too clueless or scared to use the roads.

Jimbo
    Free Member

'bout 14 years ago, same place as I am now (depressingly) i.e. Sarf Essex, innit mate. The roads were busy and full of dickheads then, they're busy and full of dickheads now. "Nowadays" or "They're just kids" aren't sufficient excuses: learn to ride on the road, and then do so. Who knows, instilling road sense and a healthy respect for the roads at at early age just might mean that come the time they're driving, they'll be a little bit, well…better. It'll also teach them to look out for themselves.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Hi barca i work for Stopfordian if you would like me to pop round and have a quick word in his shell just let me no im sure we can sort it out.

barca
    Free Member

Hiya Merchant. I think I might know somebody who works for you guys. Thanks for the offer. A bit of unofficial business could well be the way forward. I'll pass on your offer.

Even if the kid was at fault and rode into the car, he is a minor and there's little point in the car driver pursuing the kid or his parents for the damage to the car. Accidents happen – that's why he (hopefully for his sake) has insurance.

The kid's parents should tell the car driver they no longer intend to deal with him direct and he should instruct his insurance company if he wants to pursue the matter any further.

barca
    Free Member

**Update**

A telephone call from the car drivers partner has been received. He no longer wishes to pursue a claim.
    I'm not quite sure what's gone on but my neighbour had a very wry grin on his face when I spoke to him this afternoon.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Ben's just gone past on his bike looking quite happy so no lasting damage there either.

Jimbo
    Free Member

…he may well have got his cash on the nose rathet than the forehead of my neighbour on his nose (allegedly)

So we've gone from kids riding on the pavement (bad) and bloke shouting at kids (deserved at times, IMO), to (alledged) assault?
    Riiiiiiiight.

RichPenny
    Free Member

bloke shouting at kids (deserved at times, IMO)

I'm guessing that one of those times ISN'T after you've just run said kid over because you haven't given way.

A telephone call from the car drivers partner has been received.

LOL, couldn't even ring up himself….

barca
    Free Member

Not my choice of action Jimbo and at no point have I indicated I'd condone such action nor am I aware that violence has been used or even threatened. I was however made aware that Ben's dad was once a bit handy and old habits die hard apparently.
    I hope that's alriiiiiiiight for you?

allthepies
    Free Member

>LOL, couldn't even ring up himself….

Those hospital bedside phone things are really expensive.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Child Riding Bicycle – Bloke Driving Car Interface’ is closed to new replies.