Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Chester / Wrexham Bike shops, Your experiences
  • EccentricEllis

how long before they come to Madrid??

You’d have to ask. 🙂 Worldwide Alf’s Eh? Now that’d be cool.

donsimon
    Free Member

Alfredo Jones? Has a certain ring to it. 😆

project
    Free Member

Dave Miller cycles the shop in Frodsham st,

EccentricEllis

Hola. Alfredo Jones, ***** speaking. Lol. Loving it.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I own some apartments overlooking the canal behind the edge, near harkers. So I often pop into the edge, it’s always well stocked and they seem to be able to get test rides really easily organised.

I don’t like the specialized shop at all, it’s too clinical. The staff member I spoke to abbriviated everything rockhoppers were RH’s hard rock’s HR’s and then he had his eppie and sworks. I don’t think he had ever actually ridden a bike.

Looked at 69 bikes yesterday, the staff are great but the range of bikes seemed limited. I understand he’s still building stock up and phasing out the 2010 ranges. His laptop hooked upto a big tv seemed nifty for showing you photos on… And his dad?? Had a really cool vintage jaguar.

Anyone remember the bike shop on garden lane, he only sold old old bikes he’d repaired and had great cycling stories. He was a man you would love to share a pint with.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The shop in frodsham street were rude to my girlfriend

donsimon
    Free Member

Anyone remember the bike shop on garden lane, he only sold old old bikes he’d repaired and had great cycling stories. He was a man you would love to share a pint with.

That must be a while ago because I lived on Garden Lane for a few years and in the area for a few more and the only “bike” shop in Garden Lane was Roy’s Bargain Shop! First port of call between Blacon and the pub!!! Often had bikes for sale there…

project
    Free Member

The bike shop on Garden lane was near the canal bridge end, and dont let us forget the shop in Hoole, with the really happy chap in it, now an off licence.

EccentricEllis

I didn’t even know there was one there!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Coming down garden lane from the city centre the bike shop was past the river queen on the same side of the road. The guy used to wear a blue boiler suit and small round glasses, he was often standing in the doorway with a spanner in his hand, i bet the premises hadn’t changed in years. Just like that chippy if you follow garden lane down past telfords towards sealand road.

project
    Free Member

The chippy on sealand road is the best, always fresh chips not refrys, and just opposite is a bmx track and an off road cycle path all tarmac to connahs quay,part of the national cycle network, links in with route 5.

Also the canal is a cycle path now, use the tow path, to Ellesmer port, to visit Cheshire oaks cycles,at cheshire oaks by the lexus garage, nice people in the bike shop, and its huuuuuuuuge, or route 5 and 56 go off the canal, follow the numerous signs.

donsimon
    Free Member

Just like that chippy if you follow garden lane down past telfords towards sealand road.

Garden Lane doesn’t go past Telfords!!

The chippy on Sealand Rd was good. Catflees46 are you talking about the chippy that was off Sealand Rd on a little back street? Good chip IIRC.

ellierockypally
    Free Member

I’m a little late registering my views on this thread. However, here goes…

The Bike Factory/Specialized Concept Store: Excellent product range, if a little similar to The Edge (possibly a fault of the distributor rather than either bike shop). Great customer service, they’ve done a lot of work for me over the years. Perhaps, if I was being mean, I could say that their service is a bit on the expensive side. Although still cheaper than The Edge!

Alf Jones: Never been.

Dave Miller: Nice chap, limited product range, never really used for anything serious.

69 Cycles: Exactly what Chester needed! Since I discovered that they’d opened, I’ve had a frame built from scratch, Hope goodies fitted to another bike, forks serviced, etc. etc. etc. I honestly cannot fault any part of their service. Many of the members in the club I’m in have started usin 69’s, most of whom are based/working/living between Warrington and Manchester. Nick (the owner) is brimming with knowledge and can’t do enough for you or your bike. In my opinion they/he thoroughly deserve the Singletrack award for Best Bike Shop.
    My vote has been cast in the poll, and I wish 69 Cycles all the best in taking the top spot!

That’s my experience anyway. Hope it helps!

(Any evidence of your accusations ? edited until you do Mod)

singletrackmatt

(Moderator) Thread seems to be started by someone who works at Alf Jones and as such seems to be a kind of advertisement .

donsimon
    Free Member

(Moderator) Thread seems to be started by someone who works at Alf Jones and as such seems to be a kind of advertisement .

I thought the thread was started by someone who worked in Chester.

Russell96

When it started yes they (the poster) were in Chester. From all I have heard off a whole pile of locals (haven’t visited it myself yet but tend to do most work myself) 69 Cycles has really stepped up the game in Chester by a large amount.

MrOvershoot

Admanmatt – bearded fellow

Matt if you look right at the beginning of the thread Russ (my fellow admin on another much smaller web site) sort of pointed that out that he had worked at a variety of shops in the Chester/Wrexham area

Ellis Blackman come on down 😉

EDIT Sorry Russ got embroiled in other stuff 1/2 way through posting

tankslapper
    Free Member

I say! The word WORKS is a bit strong…. 😆

EccentricEllis

YO!
    Not an advertisement, just wanted to know peoples views. From having experience of all the shops talked about minus 69cycles i wanted to see everyone else’s views. I’m not going to badmouth any shop as they all have plus’ and minus’.
    I’ve also learned loads from all and all are good so if i were advertising any shop/s then delete away.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Chester / Wrexham Bike shops, Your experiences’ is closed to new replies.