Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheltenham Restaurant/Pub recommendations please
  • neville
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’ve got a date/day with a lady on Saturday and I was thinking of heading to Cheltenham with her.

Can anybody recommend a nice Restaurant/Pub in the centre please?

Thanks all.

dwhcampbell
    Free Member

In the centre I can recommend Tailors for a decent pub, however you may want to head slightly out of the centre to find a good restaurant: There is Montpelier (5 min walk from the centre) where there are lots of decent restaurants, bars and wine bars.

Try Flinns or the Montpellier Wine Bar, both offer good food.

IHN

At one end of town – The Daffodil is superb, quite pricey but not ridiculous. You’ll probably need to book and see if you can get a booth. From there you can find your way to the backstreet wonder that is the Jolly Brewmaster. If you want more the ‘swanky wine bar’ end of things then you want to be in the Montpellier Wine Bar or any of the other bars in Montpellier.

At the other end of town – If you want a good ‘pub’ pub, The Swan is nice and is near Curry Corner – one of the best Indian restaurants in the country (note, it’s definatly restaurant, not curry house, standard fare, wth prices to match). Eurasia is another excellent Indian in that vicinity, and not as pricey as Curry Corner.

dwhcampbell
    Free Member

+1 for the Jolly Brewmaster!

alfabus
    Free Member

Daffodil for posh (but not pretentious) surroundings, really nice food and a swanky cocktail bar.

The Vine for a nice pub with good Thai food.

JBM for excellent beer and dirty carpets.

Dave

neville
    Free Member

Guys, that is amazing, I love the STW hive knowledge, thanks!

Would any of the above establishments have a decent rugby watching pub in the vicinity?

Cheers….

Scamper
    Free Member

Charlie’s Chips, surely.

Cletus

The Daffodil may be a bit OTT for a first date.

Flynns is nice, upstairs at the Beehive is good and the bonus is that downstairs is a pub. It does get busy though.

Morans is nice and has a couple friendly bar.

psling
    Free Member

I’ve got a date/day with a lady on Saturday and I was thinking of heading to Cheltenham with her

Would any of the above establishments have a decent rugby watching pub in the vicinity?

Loving your style 😀

I like to pop into Andersons (behind Cav House) for cafe fayre when I pop into ‘nam.

IHN

Charlie’s Chips, surely

He makes a good point…

Is this a daytime or evening date?

neville
    Free Member

Ah, I missed the other replies after mine. Thanks for the other tips.

Psling:

Loving your style

….Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheltenham Restaurant/Pub recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.