• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • cheer me up – first bike trip of 2014 cancelled for me
  • Pook

Today is the first of our overnighters of 2014. I plan the whole shebang and there are 8 of us going to Reeth for some dales fun.

Except there are only 7 cos a tummy bug has wiped out my wife and little boy so I’m on Florence nightingale duty instead.

Gutted is an understatement.

Family comes first of course but can anyone give me anything to cheer me up a bit between cleaning up poo and sick? Oh and tips to avoid getting it myself?

badnewz
    Free Member

I’ve been on the loo all night and have had to cancel go-karting for a friend’s stag-do this morning. Fairly sure I picked it up in that there London where nobody washes their hands after going to the toilet.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh and tips to avoid getting it myself?

Probably best you just prepare for the inevitable.

sandwicheater

As they are likely to be bed bound I’d set up my camping gear in the living room. Pitch late, pack up early and no one will know.

If this does happen i’m going to need to see photos of your camp site. Points for using the clothes horse to help pitch your tarp.

Houns

I’ve had this week off work, I’ve got a new bike built, there’s been a local beer festival on, HONC tomorrow and the weather has been good.

I’ve been feeling like crap all week with a cold, bad stomach and chest infection and have done sweet FA. Monday is looming all too quick and it’s quite depressing 😐

hora
    Free Member

Houns I had a migraine Wednesday morning. Imigran sorted it then Thurs started with flu like symptoms. Last night I couldnt swallow. Its ok though sat in bed eating a Veggie breakie 😀

See how I am for tomorrow am.

Pook dont have a second. Youll never leave the house bar-going to wotk or taxi duty.

dannyh
    Free Member

Trails drying out, clocks gone forward, bluebells poking through, long weekend coming up and……..

I came down with something a week ago that has made me feel like an arthritic 80 year old. Mad soreness in arms and legs whenever moving, but doesn’t hurt to the touch like an injury.

In short, I’ve been sat at work (no option but to go to work really) feeling like shit all week and brooding that I’m not getting any riding in. I’m worried that I’ll set myself back if I push myself out tomorrow, so in that horrible ‘should I shouldn’t I’ mindset.

Hope you don’t get the bug.

Kahurangi

Just think of all the sexytime you’ll get from the grateful wife and the overseas biking holiday she’ll reward you with for being such a hero.

br
    Free Member

No parents/in-laws near by? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Jon Taylor I dont think think wives do that in reality.

..Although mine does/would let me-theres a group going to Spain next month with a free space. Hmmmm

Pook

Parents on holiday. Wife decided in laws shouldn’t be infected.

Simon

Pook, if they make a miraculous recovery come for a ride with me and Jason tomorrow morning, were doing that ride from Edale that you gave us the gpx for 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Was supposed to be riding an audax today, but MrsMC has had her finger pinned and not allowed to drive, so I’m at a kids play centre birthday party. 😥

Though I have sneaked out, had an 11 item breakfast at Ikea over the road and just bought a few samples from the Blue Monkey brewery shop next door. So not a complete waste of a morning 8)

scaredypants

Don’t worry pook – I’m sure you’ll get a run-out sooner or later this weekend

😀

iolo
    Free Member

OP, I feel your pain having to look after your family when you could be out playing.
    How inconsiderate of them to be ill in your “me time”. Maybe wifey poisened everynone to keep you home.

Jamie
    Free Member

OP, I feel your pain having to look after your family when you could be out playing.
    How inconsiderate of them to be ill in your “me time”. Maybe wifey poisened everynone to keep you home.

You must be a blast at parties.

robowns
    Free Member

You must be a blast at parties.

I don’t think he goes to parties.

Pook

I don’t think he gets invited to parties.

iolo
    Free Member

What’s a party?

mintimperial

Part and parcel of being a dad. Well done for doing the right thing though, there are some out there who wouldn’t. Top tip: wash your hands like you’re trying to win a Who’s-The-Most-OCD competition for the next few days, and you might just get away with it.

The DH World Cup is on in a few minutes, stick that on for vicarious bike-crash mayhem.

hora
    Free Member

Free tomorrow pook?

I could bring my wifes whip for you and send you texts/calls during the ride? 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘cheer me up – first bike trip of 2014 cancelled for me’ is closed to new replies.