Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Cheeky little twit…….
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some real effort put in by the last bunch that came round, all about 5-6 years old, mums standing on the road. Good harmless fun 🙂

GrahamS

Well that went a bit wrong: some wee fat kid just hurled the fork at the apples with such enthusiastic might that it burst through the bottom of the cheapo basin and flooded the living room.

Good work Chunk!

user-removed
    Free Member

We had a small supply of stuff which went in the first few visits. Took the dog to the shop, spent £8 and no visits since 🙁

Also very unimpressed by the lack of effort – no jokes, songs or anything else – lazy wee f3ckers.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    2unfit2ride, what you saw was one of these:

A Red Kite, one of the most beautiful birds to see flying, and something you’d have only seen in a couple of places in Wales ten or fifteen years ago. Starting to see them around North Wilts now, truly makes my day when I see one.

Hmmm, I’m in Hertfordshire, deffo not seen one of those around here before,
    although the bird I saw had a very pronounced fork to its tail, not that triangular if it makes sense.
    Cheers.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It’s a buzzard. Lots in Berkshire too.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ive had tons of kids tonite ! they are very greedy too ! (honestly has nobody fed them today.. 🙄 …. i put my scary mask on and opened the door dead slow then jump out..give them a fight nite too ! 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

In the spirit of things, I’ve put this picture up on my front door, as a little treat for the kiddies.

I’ve not had a single knock tonight. 🙁

thegreatape
    Free Member

It seems that I was not paying proper attention when MrsTGA was explaining what I was supposed to do.

There were in fact two covered bowls in the porch, one full of sweets, the other full of jelly with coppers in it. In answer to ‘trick or treat’ I was supposed to invite them to pick a bowl, then stick their hand under the towel and see if they got a treat or a slimy trick, then give them sweets anyway.

I did think this is a bit shit as all the local kids wandered off from our house with a miserly jelly coated penny. On the other hand, I’m making inroads into the bowl of sweets. Every cloud an all that…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Every cloud an all that…

😆

You sound like a bastard after my own heart…

A trip down to my local offie a few minutes ago was proper horrorshow; I really don’t think some people ought to be sold alcohol. 😯

theotherjonv

I never thought much of it, and a few years back really it started to get out of hand round here with eggs and flour bombs and the lot. But the local police womble CSO’s and community folks have done really well at claiming it back for the kids. So I and a mate took our combined offspring out this evening and I was very impressed by the number of households taking part with either a lantern or a display of some sort at the window. And not just households with kids either, quite a few older couples and even some of the younger dinkies on the posh new estate. Felt almost ‘community like’ tbh.

For the records we had a vampire, a black cat a spooky cheerleader and a crocodile. And two jokes:

‘What do you call a wolf that’s lost? A where-wolf’

and

‘I used to be a werewolf but I’m alright nowhooooo!’

uphillcursing
    Free Member

All jolly and polite here. Last ones came just before 8.
    Apart from the wear on the knees getting up and down a harmless evening.

psling
    Free Member

There’s been a lot of cleaning up to do but the freezer’s full now. Enough of the little beggars wandered down to our isolated house to keep us in meat through the winter 😈

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Took my two girls out earlier with two of their mates. All good fun, only called at houses with lit pumpkins or obvious signs of “taking part” and it was good fun. All young kids all dressed up with their parents, no idiot teenagers with eggs and flour.

Much though I hate the ever-persuasive encrochment of Americanism, I actually quite enjoy Halloween now.

GrahamS

Reckon I probably had around 30 kids through the doors. First at 5:30, last at 7:30.
    All nice kids. Lots of “thankyous”. Fun night.

aracer
    Free Member

I used to be a grump – but not only do I now have little kids, so do most of the people on our little bit of close. Last year we even had a big party in the middle of our road with barbecue and all. Living on a posh housing estate in the middle of the country in Middle England we don’t seem to get the yobs – just hundreds of little kids coming round. I’m sure some of them must be bussing in as it’s not like the housing estate is that big (we weren’t the only ones to get cleaned out of sweets – quite a few of those we went to were also sold out)! From what I could see everybody nowadays seems to abide by the rule that you only knock on houses with a pumpkin, so no need for a sign – though one house chose to confuse by having a sign up with a ghost on you could see from a distance, only when you got close could you read the words “no trick or treat please” 🙄 All very innocent pleasure, and I can’t see why you could get upset when you can just ignore it all if you want.

But the local police womble CSO’s and community folks have done really well at claiming it back for the kids

Much as happened in the US before it got re-imported back here from what I understand.

So I and a mate took our combined offspring out this evening and I was very impressed by the number of households taking part with either a lantern or a display of some sort at the window. And not just households with kids either, quite a few older couples and even some of the younger dinkies on the posh new estate

Sounds like you live the same place as me!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Five lots this evening all with decent costumes . I ran out of sweets after four so I offerred the last lot a tin of pringles. “oh gosh we couldn’t possible eat all your pringles!”

kids today.

IanMunro
    Free Member

As your on here, I was out today & was marveling at a couple of buzzards, a little later I saw something else, definitely not a buzzard, but some sort of bird of prey. Wingspan of about 3-4′, very forked triangular tail, watched it circle & dive for about a minute, very impressive but I’ve not seen one around here before, any idea’s as to what it could of been, it seemed to big to be a sparrow hawk?

Sorry for the 4 hour delay – found a pub nearby to try 😉
    Yeah as others have said, could be a Red Kite, they’ve been spotted over Sandridge and Harpenden. Gutted that I haven’t seen one yet though.
    Also apologies for not getting over to see you about mid-life crisis cars. Pissing rain all week didn’t really seem the best weather to try em 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

I don’t like ‘Trick or Treat’ as such, but my family celebrate Samhain in our own home. We have been writing wishes on leaves and putting them in the fire in the garden, jumping the fire, apple bobbing, lighting lots of candles, had a nice big meal and put some out in the garden by the green man.

All good fun and also a time for reflection.

emsz
    Free Member

Had to go round with my pervy little brother. He got a carrier bag full of crap

alaric

One of my other half’s colleagues had a true inspiration for last years trick or treaters.

He actually went to the trouble of making…wait for it…

Chocolate covered…

…raw brussel sprouts! Genius.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky little twit…….’ is closed to new replies.