Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheapo Dropper Posts
  • Zukemonster
    Free Member

I’m looking at cheap dropper posts on the ebay and they seem veeeery cheap compared to main brands.

Anybody have experience of these?

Looking at Timars (looks same as Forca) or RSP

(need something in 27.2 so limited options and not enough funds for Gravity Dropper at the moment)

Thanks

Z

mattbee

Ran a Traildrop ( rebranded Forca) for 18 months, saddle a bit wiggly by end and quite agricultural but only retired it when the cable snapped mid ride & I lost the lever. Bought a T Mars one from eBay for £50 to replace it, cable is replaceable which is a bonus. Reckon they are ok if you don’t expect reverb levels of performance, certainly better than a Joplin.

steve_b77
    Free Member
    glasgowdan
    Free Member

That tmars is fine. Oil it and clean now and then and it’ll just work without drama.

cookeaa

HiLo owner here, as good as it is, if the Tmars jobbie for ~£50 had been about when I was looking, I’d have given that a go first.

BillOddie

Had a TMARS, snapped it but it was sorted under warranty by the eBay seller (uk based). Now use a x fusion Hilo. Sank into its travel. Again sorted under warranty. The revised x fusion hilo works great. However, if I had frames with bigger seattubes I would run a reverb.

ads678

I’ve got a Tmars, I’m well happy with it for the price. Just about to replace the cable and service it, last service took about 10 minutes.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

So sounds like worth it for the price? Might give it a punt tomorrow…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

stick Tmars and Forca into forum advanced search function, some hefty threads with lots of experiences (many negative).

I’d rather have a used GD than a new Forca/Tmars.

RickSpangle
    Free Member

Got t-mars on my winter bike so it sees the worst conditions….

As some have said, a very quick clean and re grease every 4-6 weeks will keep you trouble free

Had mine 2winters and would recommend them with this advice to anyone….

Beware when changing the cable tho….can be a bit fiddley ….that said I think the design has changed since…

grum
    Free Member

That tmars is fine. Oil it and clean now and then and it’ll just work without drama.

Have you got one? Interesting…..

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Yes I’ve been running it a while. The current one has a better cable entry. I’m happy with it and not fussed about upgrading at all. It requires a wee dunt to move position but I’m all good with that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheapo Dropper Posts’ is closed to new replies.