Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cheapo 650B+ boost wheels – Alpkit or DT?
  • gaidong
    Free Member

Evenin’ STW,

I’ve got one of these Kingdom Vendetta X2 frames arriving in a few weeks. I’m planning to run it as a 29er most of the time but wouldn’t mind a set of 650B+ wheels for c0cking around, hence the cheapness. I’ve seen two options (see below). The DT Swiss are designed for eMTB with a 150 kg limit; 28 spoke, 35 mm internal, about 2200 g and £280ish. The Alpkit jobbies are 32 spoke, 45 mm internal, about 2500 g (!) and £184 the pair!

What do you lot reckon?

Love Mud Rumpus 650b+ Boost MTB Wheelset

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=224895

swanny853

If you don’t mind building them up yourself CRC have Easton arc 35s for 35 quid. Caveat that they’re 28 hole but you can sometimes pick up dt 28h hubs cheap. Could add up to a pretty nice wheelset for the sort of money you’re looking at

scotroutes

What size of tyres are you going to use? That’s a big difference in rim width

gaidong
    Free Member

Probably 2.8 rear and 3.0 front. The CRC ones are 45 mm and I’ve only ever laced a pair of wheels once and didn’t dare take them to full tension. I can’t find any cheap (XD) hubs either.

I’d naturally lean towards the DTs, even if they’re over-built, but the Alpkits ones are so cheap!

scotroutes

For 3.0″ tyres I’d rather have the added rim width.

gaidong
    Free Member

45 mm eh, why not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cheapo 650B+ boost wheels – Alpkit or DT?’ is closed to new replies.