Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cheapish steel 29er frame with horizontal drop outs?
  • Spin
    Free Member

Don’t really want to spend more than £300.

What are me options? Other than an on-one obviously.

Ta

ratherbeintobago

High Latitude SS? Just under £300…

Spin
    Free Member

Interesting. Wasn’t aware of them.

Spin
    Free Member

Ah, just noticed it’s a Genesis.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    Spin
    Free Member

EBB’s been faultless.

I’m going to run it fixed and I’m not familiar with EBBs so I’ll stick with what I know.

AlasdairMc

Why do you need horizontal dropouts? What about the Salsa El Mariachi? Vertical dropouts that can be moved forwards and back to change the chainstay length.

Spin
    Free Member

El Mariachi for £300?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

EBB would work fixed, it’s just a rotating aluminum cylinder in a larger than normal BB shell, stuck in place with 2 big-ass grub screws.

Not many horizontal dropout MTB’s out there as they’re harder to adjust with disk brakes. I’ve got an El Mariachi and the Swift, I’d recommend either 2nd hand, only selling the Swift as it’s medium and the Salsa’s a large.

Spin
    Free Member

The easy option is an Inbred and I think that’s where I’m heading. Are these still considered decent for the money?

pickle
    Free Member

nothing wrong with an Inbred at all, just snobbery points fingers at them. does it have to be steal? the scandal is nice as well for the same money.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOSCSO29V2/on_one_scandal_29er_swap_out_frame_v2

Spin
    Free Member

It has to be steel for this. Not that I’m opposed to other materials.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Look at Pipdream cycles Sirius. Slightly over 3 at 395 but IMO far superior to one one. Comes with really nice sliding dropouts and made from Reynolds 853. You can run it 26 or 650b . They also make 29er frames. You can speak directly to Stuart the owner and he’s a very pleasant chap.

pickle
    Free Member

Then i’d go Inbred and use the £100 for other stuff 😀

Had a normal Inbred and loved it, i only sold it as i bought a C456 to replace it.

Spin
    Free Member

Has anyone run sliding dropouts fixed? I’d be slightly worried about them slipping under braking force but then I’ve never even seen one up close much less ridden one. Seems overly fussy to me.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Yes
    No

Spin
    Free Member

Meaning yes you’ve done it and no it didn’t slip?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Spin – Member
    El Mariachi for £300?

POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I might have a nice El Mariachi frame going in a week or two, only a couple of months old.

cp

Ah, just noticed it’s a Genesis.

What’s wrong with that? It’s a great frame with a XX44 headtube so will accept any steerer you care to use.

Having said that there is an Inbred 29er 19.5″ in on ones clearance corner if it’s your size, other than that, they’re a bit low on stock!

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CZ2725/on_one_inbred_29er_single_speed_ltd_edition__195_inch__pearl_white

Spin
    Free Member

What’s wrong with that?

Nothing, I just hadn’t noticed it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cheapish steel 29er frame with horizontal drop outs?’ is closed to new replies.