Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheapish flat pedals
  • opusone
    Free Member

A mate is after a pair of flat pedals for under £40. I’ve got a pair of superstar nano-x (which I think are great) but I’m a bit hesitant to just say “get these, I’ve got them, they’re ace.” I had a quick look at the nukeproof electrons which are £30. Anyone tried these? Any other suggestions?

side note – I’ve just realised that I trust this forum much more than any review site 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

I got some of those nukeproof pedals and to be honest i’m a bit scared of them, the pins are brutal compared to my welgo mg1’s.
    They stick to your feet like shit to a blanket tho, if I ever get on that bike with the 5:10s on i think im there for life.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Exotic flat pedals same as nanos but much cheaper

darrenspink
    Free Member

26 pounds at ubyk for the electron pedals, I don’t think they can be beaten. Although they did take a pound of flesh from my legs at the pmba race on Sunday.

withersea
    Free Member

Electrons for me, I’ve come to prefer the feel of the plastic body over the nanos for some reason. No idea why.

benmarshall
    Free Member

Another vote for electrons. Myself and several mates all run em and are happy. Cheap as chips as well.

Full disclaimer we have had one crack…. But that was one in a good number which take quite a bit of abuse!

jamesmio
    Free Member

Shimano Saints are normally available for £36 ish these days, cracking pedals. I liked them enough to have bought a second set for my trail bike

jimwah
    Free Member

Electrons here too, really like them – composite body is nice and light too.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Saints didn’t last very long and weren’t massively grippy.

Nano and Nano-X work well and spares readily available. Have a couple of pairs of Exotic too which are the same as Nano as mentioned above.

Haven’t tried a plastic set yet; with spares so cheap/available I’m unlikely to need a new pedal for a long time.

pipiom
    Free Member

Electrons FTW- all of the above £26

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

Carbon cycles (eXotic) alloy flats are usually around £30 and are the same as nanos. XPEDO wellgo flats on eBay are also about that price. Both cheap and cheerful with a plenty big platform if that’s what he’s after.

rivingtonbike
    Free Member

Another vote for the Nukeproof Electrons here, especially since they changed the design about a year ago, they now have a concave feel towards the centre – which is much nicer than feeling the axle through your foot like you could on the older Electrons.
    I also love Moove thru pin pedals, usually around £40 from their website – a small Irish company made up of fellow MTB riders.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nukeproofs. Have them (2012 model) on both of my bikes, excellent. As per above they grip excellently but the pins can take bites out of your shins / calfs if/when your feet pop off eg when crashing but I imagine other pedals do the same.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheapish flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.