Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheap(ish) Balance Bikes
  • Tallpaul
    Free Member

Any reason why not to buy a £45 balance bike from CRC compared with the £115 Frog Tadpole which my LBS sells?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/verenti-nippy-balance-bike/rp-prod153610

Cheers,

Paul

olly2097
    Free Member

Go the whole hog and get a chico red bullet. It’s awesome. The kids on the estate turn their noses up at it on their frog bikes tadpoles but my two year old loves it and is popping manuals and endos all over the cul de sac.

In all seriousness as long as it’s light enough and fits I don’t personally see what buying an expensive balance bike does that a chico red bullet doesn’t.

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Agree with Olly we got given a Raleigh Sunbeam Skedaddle and it’s been ace. (Usually plenty Second hand ones on eBay) that £45 one looks alright.All similar sort of style just depends how much you want to spend. Personally I’d save the money for the next bike as they grow out of them quickly. Just don’t get one of those wooden bikes cos we had one of them too and it was pretty crap.

I’ve not really been pushing my girls to go on their bikes just letting them whenever they’ve wanted. The balance bike has worked a treat though as I let them have a go on their new bikes this week which I thought were too big, girls have just turned 4 and struggling to reach the floor but after 10 minutes both of them were off and pedalling.Very proud dad 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

The Verenti is just a rebranded ‘Strider’ balance bike, nothing wrong with that as thats what my boy and plenty of others here have learnt on, another plus is its cheaper than the Strider its based on.

For comparison.

flaps
    Free Member

My little lad loves his Spider-Man one! Recently taken to it in a big way too.
    Save the posh bikes for when they are bigger and will fit for longer.

poah
    Free Member

got one for my little girl, why you would spend more is beyond me. its bloody light too

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. The wee mans birthday present sorted!

natrix
    Free Member

If you have a steep or sloping driveway you might want to consider one with a brake (Decathlon do some reasonable ones) 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheap(ish) Balance Bikes’ is closed to new replies.