Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cheapest way to get from Edinburgh to Stornoway and back. (Not Cycling)
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

I have to go to Stornoway for a couple of days next month – what’s the cheapest way to get there and back?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Deckhand

fasthaggis

jekkyl

hitch hiking or coach.

geoffj

Ride to Ullapool then foot passenger.

matt_outandabout

Fast Haggis has it.

hels
    Free Member

125cc motorbike. I got to Inverness on a tank = £10. Ferry not to bad for motorbikes either I would imagine.

falkirk-mark

Car assuming you have one then ferry, leaving the car in Ullapool (assuming you do not need it over there)

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

No rail so your options are limited. I’d be taking the car if you have one. If not, it’s bus or hitching (and I wouldn’t fancy that).
    Or if you’re over 55 you can use Club 55 to get the train to Inverness (£19 return) then bus to Ullapool.

kcal

Megabus/Gold bus is cheap to Inverness no?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

imagination

jekkyl

Teleportation?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Forward rolls ?

iainc

offer to do a talk in the town hall on pro’s and con’s of osteo/physio/chiro and get the council to pay your expenses ? 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

No wait. I meant cabin boy.

Keep an eye out for suspicious cooks.

piemonster

Time is money

I’d fly

scotroutes

Should be quite a few heading up for 20th March. Wait on the A90 in fancy dress (something sun/moon related) and stick a thumb out?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

It’s obviously cheaper to get megabus to Inverness then coach to Ullapool…but it takes all day. Can be done for less than £60 return.

We’re going up in April, and we went for flights as while she may be happy to sit on a bus/Ferry for hours and hours and hours, I am not.

paladin

Was up there last week, there’s some decent bike trails in the castle grounds

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest way to get from Edinburgh to Stornoway and back. (Not Cycling)’ is closed to new replies.