Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheapest way to convert a Reverb from left to right hand
  • Paceman
    Free Member

I have a Rockshox Reverb with standard LH remote. I’d like to convert it to a RH remote switch run underneath the bars on the left (i.e. I need a RH remote). Don’t want to particularly pay £120 for new RH remote unit, are there any other ways of doing this successfully?

Cheers

Paceman

passtherizla
    Free Member

Apart from having the push rod pointing away from you so would actuate with your finger rather than thumb… Or find someone willing to swap…

creamegg
    Free Member

A new remote assembly is around £90 (or it was a couple months ago). Have a look on ze german websites.

Then sell your LH lever to re-coup some of the costs or keep it for parts when the inevitable button crash damage happens

Edit:
    The other option is to see if you can but just the remote body (not the internals / push button) and transfer the bits over from your LH remote, although it may cost you just as much and I cant remember seeing the bodies alone

Paceman
    Free Member

Cheers guys, think I’ll look out for a used RH remote.

fivespot
    Free Member

Sell your L/H Reverb and buy a R/H one. Simples 🙄

nick1962
    Free Member

I used to run a RH remote on the left under the bars and it was great but I had no gear lever.When I went back to 2 x 9 I couldn’t get the brakes (Saint),remote lever and shifter(SLX) arranged so I could use them all easily.Ended up having to run it on the right above the bars where it does look vulnerable and gets in the way when I flip my bike for a puncture etc.

robarnold
    Free Member

I was in the same quandary a few weeks back but found a fella on here selling a Reverb for spares or repair for £25. The right hand remote was in fine kilter. Here or ebay are good places to start

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest way to convert a Reverb from left to right hand’ is closed to new replies.