Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheapest puncture kits/patches/glue??
  • duckers
    Free Member

Need to stock up, show me your bargains people.

jonb
    Free Member

Tesco or wilkinsons.

If you have loads of glue you can get patch sheets cheap on ebay.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Park Tool Glueless patch kit. About £2.50 for 6 patches that you just peel off and stick on to a sanded tube. No faffing around with gluing and waiting to set before applying the patch.

andywhit
    Free Member

Those park glueless patches are great for emergency repairs but I’ve had them subsequently melt off tubes in high summer temperatures.

duckers
    Free Member

I prefer the glueless leech/scab style patches on the trail unless its a big old rip in the tube, the park ones seem to either not stick in the first place or come off, I have tubes that are years old with leeches still well and truly stuck.

Ive just used up all my glue and patch sheets fixing some tyres with **** sidewalls, hence my need to restock!!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

andywhit – Member

Those park glueless patches are great for emergency repairs but I’ve had them subsequently melt off tubes in high summer temperatures.

PMSL – where do you live – in the earths core??

andywhit
    Free Member

Surrey 🙂

The glue melted and the patch failed, had this happen twice so stopped using the “glueless” patches.

Probably fine in the frozen Northern wastelands though!

z1ppy
    coatesy
    Free Member

Forget the Tesco ones, seem cheap until you get home and find there’s only a couple of patches inside.Follow zippy’s link above, i’ve mentioned bulk buying on there too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest puncture kits/patches/glue??’ is closed to new replies.