Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheapest place to buy a reverb?
  • J273
    Free Member

Hi all,

Wheres currently the cheapest place to buy a reverb atm?….Ive heard they can be had cheap from german bike shops …Is it worth importing from the states?

Does anyone have any links for the cheapest current price?

Many thanks

Seamus
    Free Member

Hibike in germany work out at about £195 delivered, got mine in about 4 days

peachos
    Free Member

think they’re £200 on crc at the moment

ruscle
    Free Member

The chain reaction cycle price dose not include the bleed kit which you will need and begs the question where they are from as their part of the complete purchase normally. Got mine from Hibike in germany, 4 days to arrive and total was £195, cheapest by far.

Ewan
    Free Member

The cheap one on CRC is also the MMX version so won’t work unless you have XX or X0 shifters.

matthew_h
    Free Member

The MMX versions do work with normal kit, you just take the extra mount off. Mine is an MMX version and I’ve been using it fine since before Christmas with Shimano brakes and shifters

nmdbase
    Free Member

What happens if you get one from Germany and it breaks? Do Fishers warranty it?

stanley

MMX will work fine without XX or X0 shifters.

The mmx version come with an extra bracket- unscrew it and the remote clamps around the handlebars like a normal “clamp-around-the-bars-thing”.

I have that version working perfectly with XTR and Hope.

walleater

The CRC ones have clearly ‘fallen’ off new bikes if they don’t have the bleed kit with them, because if they weren’t OEM then they’d have everything you NEED with the post in the box. Considering that they need bleeding when new, you’d have to be a complete mong to buy it from CRC.

peachos
    Free Member

i was going to buy one of these when i picked up my new frame, but after hearing that

they need bleeding when new

thank **** i didn’t. what an absolute joke!

ruscle
    Free Member

Mine worked perfectly out of the box, they only need bleeding once fitted due to cutting the hose to required length the same as you would with any new disc brake.

Yetiman
    Free Member

ruscle – Member
    Mine worked perfectly out of the box, they only need bleeding once fitted due to cutting the hose to required length the same as you would with any new disc brake.

If you’re careful you can cut the hose and refit without the need for bleeding, although I wouldn’t like to do it without having the bleed kit handy…..just in case.

Brainflex
    simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The couple we just got direct from SRAM (in retail packaging with bleed kit) didn’t need bleeding – working fine out of the box.

What I do find strange is that the manual that comes with it:
    – doesn’t even mention the bleed kit or how to bleed them
    – doesn’t have any ‘troubleshooting’ info or maintenance advice (ie what symptoms mean they need bleeding)
    – gives no info on what the tiny little rubber washers are for (which I picked up from a thread somewhere are part of the bleed kit but were very nearly lost).
    – doesn’t give fitting advice ie – purpose of the zipties and lovely little swivel hose-hose clips (anyone know where to buy any more of those?)

big_scot_nanny

What I do find strange is that the manual that comes with it:
    – doesn’t even mention the bleed kit or how to bleed them
    – doesn’t have any ‘troubleshooting’ info or maintenance advice (ie what symptoms mean they need bleeding)
    – gives no info on what the tiny little rubber washers are for (which I picked up from a thread somewhere are part of the bleed kit but were very nearly lost).
    – doesn’t give fitting advice ie – purpose of the zipties and lovely little swivel hose-hose clips (anyone know where to buy any more of those?)

Absolutely. Bizarre. Mind you, most “mannuals” that come with forks and shocks are also nowt but bog roll. Total pap.

I noticed those wee rubber o rings in the packet as well, and it was only watching the SRAM bleed video that I noticed them on the bleed screw bits. Ah ha, said I.

Has to be said, the cable shortening and bleeding videos on youtube are completely excellent. Kind of makes up for most of the issues.

I also had no idea what the funny zip ties and strange cable guide were for until I saw it on a makes bike. Doh!

Kev

messiah
    Free Member

Yep – when I got mine in April I googled a load of pictures to figure out what all the bits were for and how to route the cables etc.

Watched the bleed vids a few times after finding mine needed bleeding… and very nearly lost one of the tiny little bleed screws (DO NOT DROP THESE SUCKERS OR YOUR IN THE POOP).

Absolutely love it… although mine is having issues… which is what you get for buying V-1.0 of anything. I’m sure I’ll get it sorted quickly and be back in love very shortly… I’m considering buying another for my other bike so I don’t have to swap it over… how pimp is that 🙄

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place to buy a reverb?’ is closed to new replies.