Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cheapest Laptop for Internet etc use
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My Dell Inspiron has finally packed up so Im using my wifes netbook. I want a bigger screen basically and full size keyboard.

Whats the cheapest laptop you can buy that will run internet/iplayer/occasional word/excel. My old 4 yr old bottom of the range could still do all this very well but its just died…

Ta

matt_outandabout

another 4 year old one running X-ubuntu or Linux Mint.

I 'resurrected' a laptop today at work this way, and have three desktops to go…

mieszko
    Free Member

Currys and PC World both do refurb laptops and have some for under £300. Tesco has a half decent Acer with the nice 15.6" screen for £340 and I`ve got 10% discount, so would work out just over £300. Basically if You're from Edinburgh You can borrow the card as sometimes they do clearance sales of stock that is no longer in stock on their website.

Or just get something half decent off ebay for around £150 also Gumtree is worth checking. But if I would be getting a used laptop for £200-250 I would rather pay extra and have a new one with warranty for £300.

Dell has an internet outlet and You should be able to get a refurb inspiron for under £300.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest Laptop for Internet etc use’ is closed to new replies.