Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cheap way to slacken yer head angle
  • ferrit
    Free Member
    BlobOnAStick

Now I like that idea! That’s propper fettling that is!

J0N
    Free Member

It’s a convenient and simple solution, however, as one of the comments suggests, there are consequences to consider. The frame/wheel will be sitting further into the travel possibly effecting the pedal efficiency and increasing pedal bob. Also starting the travel stroke further into the travel might cause elements to clash. ie my bikes seat stay yoke would hit my seat tube at full travel.

Great if it works for you though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toys19
    Free Member

very good.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

jam something under you headset crown ?

Swap your forks for something longer ?

Use a massive tyre on the front and a small tyre on the back ?

Use a 29er wheel on the front

ferrit
    Free Member

All the above suggestions jack up the BB though – this slackens things off and drops it slightly…

slowrider
    Free Member

Just ordered two sets for my spicy and my new bike which i had an angleset ready to put on. This way I get to keep the tapered steerer. Seems a lovely bloke too.

z1ppy

I see in the comments, they say Betd already make theses. Is there some special club you have to join to find anything on the Betd’s website?

DeeW
    Free Member

I’ve got a set. Not bothered fitting yet but look very well made and super nice guy to deal with

slowrider
    Free Member

Lol zippy, I thought that! Nothing against this guy but i would sooner have gone with betd just because they are established. I’ve given up on finding them on betd’s site and went with these instead. Great communication etc, I’ll let you know how good they are when they arrive

pastcaring
    Free Member

already using them.
    does what it says on the tin…

also these will be available soon
    off set hs

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Will they work on a hardtail?

alexxx
    Free Member

dont do it they use harder metal and make your frame wear rather than the disposable part they are meant to be

Northwind

alexxx – Member

dont do it they use harder metal and make your frame wear rather than the disposable part they are meant to be

Ehhhh that doesn’t sound right at all… The mounting hardware in my bike is steel, and shouldn’t ever be moving against the frame.

thepodge
    Free Member

whats the new bike Tom?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

alexx – rubbish.
    the only thing that will wear wil be the shock bush, which is designed to wear. If you don’t replace it in time, it’ll start to ovalise your shock eye. If you’re damaging your frame, then you haven’t done the bolts up tight enough.

pastcaring
    Free Member

ir_bandito +1

JON makes a good point. once fitted, remove the the spring or air from your shock, compress until bottomed out to check for clashes between swingarm, rockers etc.

alexxx
    Free Member

hehe sorry I was just trolling it was a funny comment I saw on vital mtb or something, made me laugh, thought the stw crowd would get pure sarcasm 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cheap way to slacken yer head angle’ is closed to new replies.