Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap (used price) light 83mm crank recommendations
  • dogmatix

I will be buying second hand and want to get something for under £50. Just got a new DH frame after a few years and only just realised it runs (new to me) 83mm BB. So wanted recommendations for light and cheap. Not worried about them being DH specific. Lightest I’ve found at my price point used is truvativ descendant at under 750grams, seen going for £40ish. Ideas much appreciated.

dogmatix

any suggestions?

goodgrief
    Free Member

Lightest you’ll find at a reasonable price is the Sram XO dh. Unlikely to be below £50 and probably not in good shape if they were!

dogmatix

ok cheers, so I am getting the idea that the Descendant might be the best bet at that price.

STATO
    Free Member

I need some and after looking around i think ill be getting some new Zee, anything else just seemed batterd or not as strong and for more money. Can be had for £70 at wiggle at the moment. Apparently 938g though.

nigew
    Free Member

I need some and after looking around i think ill be getting some new Zee, anything else just seemed batterd or not as strong and for more money. Can be had for £70 at wiggle at the moment.

I was just going to suggest the same thing!
    I spent ages watching Pinkbike and Ebay, everything under £50 was trashed so I ended up buying a new set of Zee’s from CRC

dogmatix

Cheers, I’m trying to keep my costs down so got a battered descendant for 35… Think it’s mainly rub marks… At least I hope… I’m quite naive and gullable… Even if I do admit it myself…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap (used price) light 83mm crank recommendations’ is closed to new replies.