Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheap track pump needed any ideas?
  • Johnboy373
    Free Member

Hey guys, I need to get myself a cheap track pump, it needs to come with a preasure gauge. Also what preasure should i be running my rear 2.2 mountain kings at?

Thanks

John

nbt

Lidl or Aldi for cheap track pumps when they do their cycle stuff. Not workshop quality, but usually only £5.99 or so.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Wiggle have one on offer at £17.99 which seems reasonable (some are over £50)…and gets good reviews.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/LifeLine_High_Pressure_Floor_Pump/5360041893/

Baz

tinsy
    Free Member

Now I am great lover of the cheap stuff at aldi/lidl but I use my track pump a lot and its nice that it just works, been left out in the rain for weeks, filled up with water, dried, used to pump up a kids paddling pool cos I didnt have a 5.99 electric pump, and its still going strong and one of my wiser choices..

I give you Joe Blow Sport.

cxi
    Free Member

Are you near a Decathlon?

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/clever-7000-3959008/

Mine has been great.

vinnyeh

I've got a Topeak Joe Blow Sport- I'd pay a bit extra for one with a metal base if I was buying again- the whole pump flexes and feels like it's going to fall to bits at higher pressures.
    I'd also get a separate, accurate pressure gauge – I don't think integrated gauges are accurate enough, especially at lower pressures where a couple of psi can make a lot of difference to the ride + grip.

tinsy
    Free Member

vinnyeh has a point about the gauges, I always take any pumps gauge with a pinch of salt…

I dont notice the flex in my Joe Blow Sport but it doesnt have to go over 40psi for my use, and its really not the pump for the high pressure you need a much smaller volume one for that.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have the Park Tools PFP-2 for about 4 years now – I broke the guage and PK sent me a PFP-3 guage for free. When I bought it it was about £25 unfortunately – the PFP-3 is not around £30+ unless you can find it for less?

My mate bought the Lidl one and is pleased with it – just not a tough and smooth or as fast as my PK one – get what you pay for!

mtbfix

I have a Silva pump. It is all metal with a wooden handle and has been with me for 15 years now and I do not see it giving up any time soon. I reckon cheap track pumps are false economy as the placcy ones always die after a while IME.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheap track pump needed any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.