Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • CHEAP REVERBS!
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

just thought id post this.. just ordered one and alls well so far..

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/shop/?category=F07&item=30815

simon430
    Free Member

What size is 31.6mm? Or is it 30.9mm only?

turbo1397
    Free Member

30.9 only but you can shim it..38 or 42 refers to length.. 380mm or 420mm

Hadge
    Free Member

I can’t see any details for it!!!! Which travel version is it – I need a 30.9mm so I could be in luck.

peasant
    Free Member

I have just taken a punt on one and put in the comment box please send 30.9- worth a try !

turbo1397
    Free Member
    peasant
    Free Member

Can,t help thinking it,s an error at canyon

billyboy
    Free Member

They die pretty quickly apparently….

stevepitch
    Free Member

Maybe so, I’ll let you know how it goes when I get it 😀

xcentric
    Free Member

have chatted to them – it’s a 2012 model, no bleed kit, and available in 380 and 420mm lengths. think it’s only 30.9 though. Right hand lever. 125 mm travel.
    pity, as I want a 31.6 and shimming it for the length is not ideal…..

Special_ized_Jamie

Looks like they are all gone now!

bland

still seems to be on to me!

flyingmonkeycorps

Dammit, no good for my seatpost size.

neil853
    Free Member

can’t seem to see it?

alfabus
    Free Member

link isn’t working any more – it used to take you to the product page, but now you are forwarded to the main accessories page.

guess they are out of stock.

xcentric
    Free Member

confirmed 30.9 only
    (if in stock at all)

Paceman
    Free Member

Looks like they’re all gone.

How much were they out of interest?

drew

Just had this from canyon:

Thank-you for your recent order.
    Unfortunately there was a mistake on the website which meant the incorrect price was quoted.
    The correct price for the RockShox Reverb seat post is 209,80 GBP. We apologize for this inconvenience.
    If you would like to cancel the order then please let us know in a reply to this email: UK@canyon.com.
    Otherwise the item will be sent to you in the coming days charged at the 209,80 GBP price.

Anybody else?

Nobby

There’s nowt in theirTerms and Conditions which protect them against incorrect pricing so I reckon they’re stuck with the price you paid (much like Argos & their cheap TVs a while back).

IIRC, if they have no “get out” in the T&Cs then, by virtue of them accepting your order and payment, the contract of sale is binding.

Might be worth a call to CAB or the OFT.

grum
    Free Member

TJ to the forum please!

IIRC taking your order is just an ‘invitation to treat’ and not a contract. Also if they can reasonably claim you knew the price to be an error, eg an £18,000 car for £1800 then they wouldn’t have to honour it anyway.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

How much were they asking?

drew

Either way I’ve cancelled the order. I was willing to take a punt on the well documented reliability issues at £150 but do not wish to pay the extra, especially if there is no bleed kit included. Maybe I could insist they supply the post at the advertised price but if it’s a genuine mistake on their part then I’m ok with not taking advantage of it.

td66
    Free Member

Drew, I got no such email, just the order confirmation at the low price and then the invoice at the higher price. Not happy. Like you was willing to take a chance at £150. Will wait and see what they say.

Nobby

Grum – that’s why I checked the T&C’s.

Argos had 2 seperate incidents a while back – one where they had to honour the sales & one where they didn’t. The latter was due to them putting a ‘pricing errors’ clause in the T&Cs after the first incident. They lost the first case because they (their I.T. system) had accepted the order and taken payment.

Then again, I’m no legal expert hence suggesting the CAB or OFT.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Are the laws different outside of the uk?

Gribs

£146 plus £10 postage. Compared to some of the offers from some of the other German bike shops it didn’t look like a pricing error, just them shifting last years stock.

grum
    Free Member

Nobby, yup I think once they take payment that is when the contract starts.

td66
    Free Member

Canyon have promised a response within the hour, so will wait and see what they say.

gamo
    Free Member

Just had the same email so going to cancel the order. Oh well!

legend
    Free Member

I very much doubt the CAB or OFT would/could do anything against a German company that hasn’t actually ripped anyone off

Nobby

legend – Member
    I very much doubt the CAB or OFT would/could do anything against a German company that hasn’t actually ripped anyone off

Not saying they will, but they can confirm your rights.

Gotama
    Free Member

Why the desperation to punish someone for a simple mistake? They’ve explained that it was an error, apologised for it and are offering to either refund you or sell you one at what should be the correct price. It’s this kind of attitude that results in the modern world being wrapped up in a myriad of legal mumbo jumbo.

gamo
    Free Member

Just had an email back from them saying they have cancelled the order and apologizing again for the mix up. I agree with gotama on this, if i had got the post at the listed price fair do’s but they have made a mistake and have apologized for it!

td66
    Free Member

Cancelled here also, as someone said above the German sites do have serious bargains regularly and I was hoping this was the case here, but they made a mistake. I’ll wait for the next genuine bargain before taking the Reverb plunge. The communication was prompt, polite and clear from Canyon once the issue was brought to their attention, which other companies could well learn from.

neil853
    Free Member

I’m the same, just waiting for one at the right price

gamo
    Free Member

This has decided for me that i definitely want one of these so just ordered one from Merlin,decent price and bleed kit etc. all included.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Also cancelled. i didnt get the apology letter, just the order conformation with the increased price.. 🙁

Paceman
    Free Member

My 2012 Reverb arrived from HiBikes in Germany today, 3 working days from ordering. Perfect out of the box, no bleed or cable shortening needed. Can’t wait to try it on my night ride tomorrow 😀

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘CHEAP REVERBS!’ is closed to new replies.