Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheap places to stay at Coed Y Brenin…..
  • flow
    Free Member

As cheap as possible without camping please, I’m more skint than a skint thing at the mo.

Bike storage is a must though, thanks.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

kinell, its in the middle of nowhere! we always camp at Cae Gwyn Farm but im sure they have a B&B on site too. also, there is a pub on the A470 not far from the forest that has rooms too but heard its quite expensive, and a bit shit. other than that its Dolgellau im afraid, which is a bit like Royston Vasey – but weirder!

Northwind

Is it just you or a group? We stayed at the reditreks bunkhouse in Machynlleth, not too far from CYB and not too expensive. I’d call it homely, others might call it scabby.

flow
    Free Member

Thanks peeps. How far from CYB is that place Northwind?

chilli
    Free Member

Cae Gwyn Farm has bunkhouse too, cheap and clean,good showers etc and the owners will give you a lift to and from the pub!

hp_source

stayed here last year:

Home

chintzy as hell, but cheap, friendly, good brekkie, and 10mins drive from C-Y-B. Bike shed too.

lunge

3rd Cae Gwyn Farm. The bunk house is perfectly useable and is clean and pretty cheap. It is about a mile from the main entrance, so an easy ride.

stumpy01

This place is good:

http://www.thecyclepeople.com/holidaycottagesforrent/Wales/North-Wales/Gwynedd/Trawsfynydd/Llys-Ednowain-Hostel

I couldn’t get their website to open, but this explains it well enough. Decent rooms, kitchen, drying room, washing machine (£1 slot), large bike cage, couple of pubs 2 mins walk away, Spar-type store round the corner, HSBC cash point etc.

It’s less than a 10 min drive to CyB.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cae Gwyn Farm – B&B, camping barn, static caravan (I think) and camping.

Or… theres a bunkhouse at the Transsdfslvalslflsdhyyyeeedd holiday village thing a bit further up the road from Cae Gwyn Farm. Or the TynYGroes is reasonably cheap, warm, its a pub and you get a massive cooked breakfast.

flow
    Free Member

Thanks, I think we are going for Cae Gwyn Farm, it fits the bill perfectly.

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

How big is your group, when do you want to come and how long do you want to stay for? We’re 2 miles from CyB. Have a pub 5 minutes walk away and you can ride into CyB from us without hitting the A470.
    Drop me an email with the details and I’ll see what I can do for you.
    Sue

hugh_b
    Free Member

I always stay at the oldmillfarmhouse. Good rooms and nice breakfast!

OT: I didn’t ever receive your e-mail regarding the five, were you still interested?

Thanks

Hugh

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheap places to stay at Coed Y Brenin…..’ is closed to new replies.