Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheap netbook for 10yr old daughter (preferably pink)…….
  • Can anyone recommend a small’ish netbook that works reasonably quickly for a 10yr old to play web-based games and internet browsing?

Seen the one on the link here and I think her mate has one similar.

Acer @ Argos

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I can reccomend you don’t get a Toshiba NB200-12n, it’s rubbish.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I bought my 11yr old a Dell mini 10 (in pink) and installed OSX. Frankly brilliant. She loves it and I love the fact that she’s more protected from viruses and malware than if she were using windows.
    It is actually dual boot with XP but she never bothers with XP.

Cougar

Kids of today.

Hairychested
    Free Member

My really stupid brother bought a Samsung one and he likes it.

Cougar

Last netbook we bought was an Acer Aspire One. It’s not the cheapest but it’s got the newer dual-core Atom CPU in it and (after I swapped the RAM for a 2Gb stick) it kicks arse.

surfer
    Free Member

Slight hijack. @Cougar

I have the older version Acer Aspire One and I think the HD has packed in. Any ideas where to get a replacement?

Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member

do a search on hotukdeals from the last week. there was a red referb one for only ~£110

perthmtb
    Free Member

I have the Acer Aspire One like your link to Argos – but not in pink 😀

I use it whenever I’m away from my desktop, and just sync them when I get home. TBH it pretty much does anything the (three times the price) desktop does, with the notable exception of the screen being very small, and no CD/DVD drive, but for a kid I think it’d be perfect!

Just back everything up on an external drive regularly, as sooner or later she’ll either drop it or lose it….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheap netbook for 10yr old daughter (preferably pink)…….’ is closed to new replies.