Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap HTC Flyer, would you?
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

DSG are doing the 16gb for £200 and 32gb 3g for £250. It has it’s drawbacks such as the screen size, lack of 1080p, relatively slow cpu and poor battery life, but at that price with honeycomb update now available seems like a bloody good deal no?

fubar
    Free Member

Great size IMO I.e. handheld
    Not slow. Battery fine. No Honeycomb on 16gb last time I checked.
    Great quality screen.
    “Bargain”

cynic-al
    Free Member

Check hotukdeals…I think I saw it cheaper maybe?

crazy-legs

I was looking at that for my Mum as an introductory basic tablet but then was put off by the Android 2.2 instead of Honeycomb. Be interested to hear what people think of it and if it’s worth it as it still looks like a great deal.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmm listed cheaper but not actually cheaper…

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/16gb-htc-flyer-179-10-dixons-co-uk-1099941

fubar
    Free Member

2.3 here after an update. Works just fine.
    I don’t consider it basic as I chose it over iPad for its preferable size (IMO) and ability to take SD cards.

scaredypants

sounds quite a good machine – posher spec than a vega and that works just fine for me. Vega was MUCH inproved by rooting and putting in a new rom – not sure you can do that with flyers (have a look on modaco or xda developers if you want to know before buying)

If you’re not already on there, quidco is offering some smallish savings on comet/dixons/pcw web buys (free delivery and about 1.5-2.5% cashback)

I (or anyone else who’s a member) can give you a quidco intro that might end up earning me a fiver (no actual benefit for you for using that link and unless you plan to use quidco in future it won’t benefit you at all as the 1st few quid you earn goes to them anyway)

(maybe stw should set up accounts with quidco/topcashback etc and then refer all of us who aren’t already signed up – could potentially be bit of income?)

fubar
    Free Member

Ouch! I bought mine about a month ago for £288 😐
    Resolution: Next year I must not buy myself presents in the month before Christmas.

Cougar

The Flyer is the closest I’ve found to what I’d want in a tablet; I’d definitely consider it if I was buying one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap HTC Flyer, would you?’ is closed to new replies.