Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap games console for kids
  • SammyC
    Free Member

Thinking of getting my two boys a secondhand games console for Xmas, probably something Nintendo as they are aged 6 and 10, any advice?

Eldest has a 3ds already of that makes any difference? Any advantage of a Wii U over original Wii?

icicleboy
    Free Member

You can play Wii games on the Wii U I believe and is very much more advanced, with the better games I would suggest. However, lots of fun to be had on the Wii and it is very cheap to buy.

Jerm

Would heartily recommend the Wii. Picked one up this year from a charity shop. We’ve had way more fun than we ever had with a PS3. It’s not HD though. Best you can do picture wise it get some component leads off eBay. Lots of great games that are dirt cheap. Suppose it depends what of things you want to play though. We like the whole party game thing.

crispyrice

I got my 6 year old a Wii u, very good. Cheap games, we enjoy playing the Lego games together.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

We upgraded to a Wii U when the Wii died. All the Wii games and controllers are compatible and the Wii U is great that junior can play its games on the screen built into the controller whilst you get to watch TV.

Check out CEX, it cost a little over £100 with a 1 year warranty on a second hand unit.

ericemel
    Free Member
    spacemonkey

Picked up a Wii bundle locally at the start of the year, then bought a load of games and the board thingy. Plenty of fun for 6yr old monkey jnr and I during those dark evenings, then put it away until just now.

Mario Bros still the dogs. Fifa good for footy moments. Sports games always good for a laugh. And Skylanders – coupled with the portal and figures – is a really enjoyable adventure game.

Amazing VFM these days.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

If your looking for a wii I have one in the loft with a big bundle of games that our lad has outgrown.

Russell96

Nintendo SNES Classic Mini end of thread

“Contra III: The Alien Wars, Donkey Kong Country, EarthBound, Final Fantasy III, F-ZERO, Kirby Super Star, Kirby’s Dream Course, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mega Man X, Secret of Mana, Star Fox, Star Fox 2, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Castlevania IV, Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Super Punch-Out! ! , and Yoshi’s Island. The inclusion of the never-before-released Star Fox 2 will offer something entirely new to enjoy. Several games have multiplayer options, including Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting and Super Mario Kart.”

Okay its not a swappable game type console but if you can get hold of one, at the price it is.

bamboo
    Free Member

I’m probably going to be selling my SNES classic mini in the near future…

SammyC
    Free Member

Sorry for not responding, thank you for your comments.

Looks like its going to be a cost debate between Wii and Wii U. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap games console for kids’ is closed to new replies.