Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cheap Chromoly Fatbike Frame?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Anyone know of any? I’m looking for basically a cheaper Moonlander, at £600 it’s just too much for a frame! A lot of the chopper websites have weird looking cruiser bikes cheaper, but no normal frames with wide tyre clearance. I’m even considering building one from scratch with no prior knowledge, would love a 1.5″ headtube and a rack built into the frame tubing!

Clink

On-one Fatty

Fork is another £50.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

It’s ally though!

Clink

oooops! 😳

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whats wrong with aluminium? I doubt a fat bike will ever feel harsh!

rickmeister

Better than steel for beachriding….

bonesetter
    Free Member

Heavier though

njee20
    Free Member

Is it? Steel frames generally weigh more than alu, why would fat be different?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Full Coyote fat bikes on eBay for £400. Look like they’re made of scaffolding pipe though.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Genesis Caribou.

£400 frame and forks.

bargain.

Dear Genesis, stop making bikes that i want to buy – my wife is going to kill me.

ahwiles
    Free Member

you’re going to get me killed with links like that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Heavier though

While the O-O fatty is probably unnececeraly heavy for an alloy frame with twice as many top tubes as it needs, it’s lighter than a Puglsey by about 1/4lb (both in the region of 2500g), and cheaper cr-mo bikes are only going to get heavier than that.

Muckluk is 2000-2100g though, so the on-one is carrying an extra 500g in that extra tube and elsewhere! Does seem an odd design decision, on the one hand aiming it as a ‘trail’ fat bike, on the other allowing for huge oversized frame bags?

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Nah I just love the feel of the Steel bikes, those coyotes look like crap, made from hi tensile steel, and the craziest thing? OP just sold a Genesis Caribou a few months back because he didn’t have the money to build it up…oh god..

hammyuk
    Free Member

HERE you go…..

doh
    Free Member

Doubt you would feel the difference between steel or Alu after you stick 5inches of supersoft tyre on.
    Also if you “really” need to go to 5inch you will probably be paying a premium over more easily found hubs and cranks for 4inch setups.

tazzymtb

You won’t feel steel in a fatty frame from experience of riding carbon ally and steel fat bikes

bonesetter
    Free Member

HERE you go…..

That dainty piece of loveliness is wel, just lovely

tazzy – I couldn’t understand a word of that

bonesetter
    Free Member

I am liking the Bigfoot though not that cheap

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Chromoly Fatbike Frame?’ is closed to new replies.