Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap Chinese LED lights – a different question!!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

the cheap ones on ebay – if i fitted a red lens is there any reason why this would not work as an uber bright rear light like the hope district?

aidso
    Free Member

Id say it would work, but putting out the same sort of lumens as those front lights (1200+) is gonna get you a telling-off from the rozzers.

theblackmount
    Free Member

I know its easier but you could just buy a cheap chinese rear specific light.

😉

Solo
    Free Member

DOn’t you just buy a torch and fit one of these for maximum car driver irritation rear light ?.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SpiderFire-4-Color-Filters-Lens-Set-Fit-for-30-33mm-Flashlight-Torch-Head-/120878308798?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1c24e89dbe

TooTall
    Free Member

erm………cos you want a really wide spread of light rather than a frikkin lazor beam pointing straight back? Torch beams are focused and lights on the road are much better the wider their spread. For being seen rather than for seeing.

nixie

Why not buy a exposure flare, much neater and 110 lmn (with rechargeable batteries) is plenty bright enough for a red light. I have a 90 lmn Dinotte rear and that leaves a huge read puddle behind me, and I’m told is visible from over 1/2 mile away.

Solo
    Free Member

LoL @ TT
    😆

nixie

The other thing to remember is that the proper red lights use red leds. White leds emit predominately white light (compared to a bulb that emits a wide spectrum of light). This means that sticking a red filter over a white led is actually a quite inefficient way of getting red light. I’ve done it in the past an its not as good as a red led light.

Note: The above is/may be an over simplification

takisawa2

I used one of the P7 torches with several layers of red wrappers from some Quality Street last Winter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Chinese LED lights – a different question!!’ is closed to new replies.