Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap chinese Garmin mounts??
  • antimony
    Free Member

Has anyone used these before? I’ve just got a Garmin 810 and hope to use it on all my bikes. Official “in front” mounts are £15 but fake ones are only a couple of quid which is obviously a lot cheaper especially as I want 3 of them. But are they any good or just a waste of £2?

monkeyboyjc

I’ve had a couple in the past with no issues – still using one on the road bike. Infact I have immediately sold any official mounts that come with the units (4 or 5 a time), and use the Chinese ones.
    They don’t look as nice as official branded mounts when you don’t have the garmin on there, but other than that they are fine.

Only advice would be to go for one with hinge mount….

lunge

Got a link for these as I need to purchase a couple myself?

Tracey
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

that looks a hell of a lot like the Sram-branded mounts. What I can say about them is they go baggy, your Garmin rattles around in them, and then a tab snaps off the back of your unit 🙄

We have (or had) 3 Sram mounts, they’ve all gone loose to the extent I tried to use electrical tape to pad them out (classy), until one snapped the tab off Munqe Chick’s 800. They’ve all gone in the recycling bin, the unit is getting repaired using one of those Raceware glue-on tab replacements, and the mounts have been replaced with genuine Garmin out-fronts.

legend
    Free Member

That syle isn’t as good as the Garmin one as it holds the GPS unit above the height of the bars – totes ruins the aeroz (and actually the lower mounting seems to make it easier to view imo)

fathomer

Tracey – Member
    We have been using these, seem to work easy and out of the way when the Garmins not attached

Thanks Tracey, I didn’t know you could get those, other than the three times the price K-Edge ones. One ordered for the wife.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got the barfly one when they were going cheap, never had any issues.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Snapped enough plastic ones that I went for the k Edge over the stem. Looks like it will last a few bikes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap chinese Garmin mounts??’ is closed to new replies.