Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cheap carpark in Liverpool for weekend?
  • cardiff
    Free Member

Organising a stag do in Liverpool and the appartment we are staying in want £15 a night per car for parking – could get very costly! Anyone know of any cheap carparks near Duke Street (beleive its pretty central).

Cheers

ourmaninthenorth

Train in. Drive home.

Just like all the scousists… 😉

woody2000

I’m sure there’ll be plenty of people who’ll look after your cars for you. For nowt too.

😀

cardiff
    Free Member

We did look at the train, but was very expensive and we ened the cars to get to the activitieas on the Saturday!

Woody2000, they sound lovely any ideas how I can get hold of these people!? 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is it at all possible to have a thread mentioning Liverpool without all the boring tired old negative stereotypes?

Or shall we just revert to ‘all Welsh are sheepshaggers’, ‘all **** stink’, ‘all blacks are muggers’, ‘all Scots are moany’, ‘all Paddies are thick’, etc?

cardiff
    Free Member

Is it at all possible to have a thread mentioning Liverpool without all the boring tired old negative stereotypes?

I’m going to say no based on the above! Although I would point out that the fact that I’m after a car park is not due to the fact that I’m worried about my car, just that we need to keep the cars somewhere.

woody2000

Having seen a smelly, quarter Irish, quarter south Asian, quarter African, quarter Welsh man sexually assualting a sheep then moaning that it had a fat arse and was too clever, I’m going to say yes.

😀

konagirl
    Free Member

As said, it is easier without a car in the city centre as parking charges have gone through the roof since LiverpoolOne opened…

But since you ask, the only places I can think of are Mount Pleasant multi-storey at about £7 per day and the Q-Park at the Royal Hospital at about £8.20 per day. The Mount Pleasant locks up at night and though that should make it safer, is in the middle of town so not perfect. And the Q-Park is a very long walk from where you are staying. There is street parking around that area, which only charges from 8am to 6pm, but you are in the middle of town and I wouldn’t personally leave my car overnight anywhere around there – sorry! Mostly because of the drunks but also the risk of a smashed window that could wreck your stag weekend! There are ‘cheap’ £5 per day car parks around but they usually lock up at night and aren’t any more secure than leaving the car on the road.

Have fun though, it’s a great city and you’re in a good location for some of the better bars and clubs…

cardiff
    Free Member

Brilliant cheers konagirl, will look in to the mount plesant car park, sounds like it could be a winner!

On the bar and club front any recomendations on where to go/ where we are likely to get in as a group of 12.

Cheers

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m all for some scouse jokes, but all the knobs who sprout the same old tired boring nonsense everytime anything relating to liverpool comes up is deeply deeply sad.

Do the people who say these things even think they are remotely funny…?

If the answer to the above is yes then im afraid that it is really really unfunny, and you just make yourself look like an utter utter cock.

If the answer is no then why even type it. Nobody laughs, nobody is mildly entertained.

I’d really like to know what motivates someone to type something that is deeply unfunny in the knowledge thsy nobody is going to laugh at it. Please explain to me why even bother?

woody2000

Wow. The internet is going to melt with the sheer force of that overreaction.

😯

hora
    Free Member

Liverpool Airport carpark. Advertised as close to the door. Its probably closer to your apartment door than it is the airport.

Thats what I found when I had to drive miles away to find a prebooked priority spot…through a deep flooded tunnel and then drag my bike bag back the whole way..

binners

loddrik. CALM DOWN!

😉

ourmaninthenorth

I’d really like to know what motivates someone to type something that is deeply unfunny in the knowledge thsy nobody is going to laugh at it.

Actually, I thought this was quite amusing. You know, raise a slight turn to the corner of my mouth. A bit of tweaking, and you could be the next

konagirl
    Free Member

You’re probably asking the wrong person about where to go out (31 and drink beer, don’t really do clubbing anymore!) but… there are comedy nights which actively encourage stag parties (Blue bar @ Albert Dock, Rawhide at Royal Court and Laughterhouse nearer Matthew Street) and I’m sure all of the chain pubs and bars won’t have a problem with a stag do – Revolution, Walkabout, etc all off Concert Square / Wood Street. If you find your having difficulty getting in, them just split into smaller groups. Plenty of nice smaller pubs/bars in the cobbled streets between your apartment and Concert Square. If you are into rock and indie, head to Crazy House on Wood Street, or indie/alternative but less hardcore go to Heebie Jeebies on Seel Street. Otherwise you can drink around Concert Square until the wee small hours.

loddrik
    Free Member

It wasn’t funny, and its not often that I’ll agree with elf and admit it but he has it spot on. And regulars on here really should know better and have a higher humour threshold…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wow. The internet is going to melt with the sheer force of that overreaction.

How’s it an ‘overreaction’? What, in the same way a Black person might ‘overreact’ to being called ‘Sambo’?

So, a bloke who’s actually from Liverpool expresses his dislike of his home town and people always being slagged off by ignorant unimaginative people who think they’re being ‘funny’, and it’s an ‘overreaction’?

Why not instead let’s celebrate Liverpool’s rich cultural history, instead of being negative?

And one for Binners:

I mean, those’re all obvious examples of Liverpool’s culture and history and that, but also positive ones.

Is it too much to ask, to be nice?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Use Merseyrail.assuming you’re approaching from the M62 motorway then exit at Junc7, &follow signs foe Lea Green station. Free parking & regular train services into Liverpool Limestreet.

woody2000

EDIT.

Can’t be bothered. Let’s just say, I like Liverpool and Liverpudlians, but I clearly have a terrible sense of humour. Ok?

binners

My favouritest building in’th world! Cheers Fred! 😀

And in the interests of balance… ahem….

😉

voodoo_chile

just dropped the missus off by duke street to go to liverpool one and seems to be packed and hard to park anywhere round there …you could try fort knox car park on vauxhall road off pall mall ,manned and locked overnight …they open at 7 and close at 7 ..hope it helps it is only about 10 minute walk to duke street from there …

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cheap carpark in Liverpool for weekend?’ is closed to new replies.